Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

ir advanced 4245 error when printing

we just installed a 4245 with department id's turned on so our customer could keep track of there individuals copies. everything works fine except when trying to print to the machine the computer prompts for the id and pin, then gives a error. could not verify the ID and password specified in Job Accounting. i have searched for the answer but dont understand what has to be done in order to print to the machine so that message does not come back. i think it has to do with the single sign on? i dont know how to turn that function off and reading through older posts it is kinda confusing. any help to simplify it for me would be great thanks. i thought this would be a IT issue but i have to fix it.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts niyaskarimba's Avatar

Re: ir advanced 4245 error when printing

Quote Originally Posted by kei9tha View Post
    we just installed a 4245 with department id's turned on so our customer could keep track of there individuals copies. everything works fine except when trying to print to the machine the computer prompts for the id and pin, then gives a error. could not verify the ID and password specified in Job Accounting. i have searched for the answer but dont understand what has to be done in order to print to the machine so that message does not come back. i think it has to do with the single sign on? i dont know how to turn that function off and reading through older posts it is kinda confusing. any help to simplify it for me would be great thanks. i thought this would be a IT issue but i have to fix it.
    try install other driver,try to print the user data list and varify the setting with other working machine if possible.
    2.Try to restore all data/settings inside the system setting and configure the printer again.

make sure Canon Driver Information asst service is installed.
    if its not installed download a setup installer and make sure while installing you Tic the check box for installing that service

to check open a run box type in services.msc and look for Canon Driver Information Assist Service is installed and running, if it is go to the driver and on the Device Settings page at the bottom click "Get Device Status" this will load the driver out for how the machine is configured with department ID management hopefully

also make sure the firewall is not blocking the service traffic

The following ports must be opened on the firewall for the workstations to be able to get device status through the server.

Port numbers:
    47545 TCP/UDP
    41380 TCP

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    ir advanced 4245 error when printing

Quote Originally Posted by kei9tha View Post
    ================================================== ===============
    The single sign on for Remote UI can not be turned off.
    It was found that there are no services to uninstall under the Enhanced System Application Management screen. Follow the procedure below, to access the Enhanced System Application Management area.

Procedure Uninstalling Login Services
    Use the following procedure to uninstall the login services.
    Also, note that the services need to be stopped ("Installed" status) in order to uninstall the login services.
    1) Access SMS, and then select [ System Management ] > [ Enhanced System Application Management ].

Solution :
    Performing a CHK TYPE, HDD CLEAR on partition five resolved the issue. Clearing the partition set the SSO Login back to the default authentication.

================================================== ================================================== ==================

Department ID Management must be set to "Off" before enabling Single Sign On – Hybrid_??

Department ID Management and MEAP login service authentications are related. Department ID Management is used to limit access to copier/print functions and track copier/printer usage.

**You cannot track copier/printer usage by SSO (Single Sign On) or SDL (Simple Device Login) authentication user accounts unless imageWARE Accounting Manager (iWAM) is installed in your environment.

SDL Authentication
    :
    The Administrator must enter a valid Department ID and password to the SDL user accounts in order to authenticate via SDL when Department ID Management is enabled on the copier. The Department ID and password entered for the user when the user account is created needs to be identical to a Department ID and password registered in Department ID Management on the MEAP device. If that information is NOT identical, the user will not be able tologin. It must be a valid Department ID and password on the device. If it is not a valid Department ID and password, the users will get the following message when they try to log in:
    'Login failed due to an authentication error in Dept. ID Management. Contact system manager.'
    SSO Authentication:
    iWAM is required to use SSO Login with Department ID Management enabled on the copier. The Security Agent (SA) can be configured to import user information to/from iWAM. The iWAM user accounts must have a valid Department ID and password linked to them. Otherwise, the users will not be able to login. It must be a valid Department ID and password on the device. Otherwise, the users will get the following message when they try to log in:
    'Login failed due to an authentication error in Dept. ID Management. Contact system manager.'
    Regular Windows user accounts (Active Directory) cannot be linked to a valid Department ID and password. iWAM is needed to accomplish this.
    Department ID Management is Disabled:
    If Department ID Management is disabled on the copier, then just the SSO/SDL usernames and passwords are used to authenticate users. A valid Department ID and password does not need to be linked to the SSO/SDL user accounts.
    * WARNING - If someone later enables Department ID Management, all SSO/SDL user accounts set up without entering a valid Department ID and password will become nonfunctional. Those users will no longer be able to log in. You can possibly lock yourself out of the machine completely.
    The configuration of MEAP Authentication (Default Authentication, SDL, or SSO) and Department ID Management (enabled or disabled) are independent. The following chart explains the 6 possible combinations of MEAP Authentication and Department ID Management settings.

NOTE: Listed under SSO Conditions in the table above it states 'NSA required'. NSA or NetSpot Accountant has been relpaced with imageWARE Accounting Manager (iWAM).

Please note that on the later models of imageRUNNERs and the imageRUNNER ADVANCE Models, there's no SDL. Instead these devices utilize SSO-H. SSO-H is a combination of both SDL which is for Local Authentication and SSO is for Domain Authentication. Also these machines do not require the external Relay Agent PC for SSO. The Domain Authentication relay is built in to these devices.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**