Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Technician

Re: IR Image Runner 3035 only printing bottom half of page

Quote Originally Posted by Brian8506 View Post
    Machine doesn't use wires. The charge roller is in the drum unit. If there's no image on the drum, you probably have a developer unit issue. There is a plastic frame mounted above the drum I believe that has a row of lights on it. Did you possibly knock that out of place?
    Many thanks Brian - it was my belief that those lights might pre-charge the drum. I believe that is an LED panel with 12 LEDs if I'm reading things correctly - about $26 - I may have affected them - I believe it is the LED Array, FK2-0368-000

I'm trying to find photos of it, and checking the reference manual I have but so far not finding it to see if that is an option.

I also stuck a folded piece of paper behind the transfer unit (between the transfer unit and the door panel) to see if it needed to be pressed closer to the drum - but it didn't help, and as mentioned I saw the drum is not getting 1/2 of the image.

I am guessing I damaged one of the wires to the array and that is what's causing the issue - I don't mind the $27 (heck, it's 1/4 the cost of the drum assembly I just bought) - I just don't know if it would be that or something else.

the array appears to be in the correct spot - again, I'm wondering if I pulled a wire (though they all seem intact) or as you suggested, perhaps I moved it somehow. it might explain why I'm getting a perfectly black printed image at the bottom, and near the middle it fades - light leakage might do that (in my opinion)

thanks - i'll check this out...

Hi Gary

Is your issue already sattled?

If not.WHy Not Check the DV Tank top Cover. do you fix it propperly? Last time If ve an experiance
    that plastic cover lifted a little bit causeing the Laser Beam Been Blocked to the drum surface and make the image half blank.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    IR Image Runner 3035 only printing bottom half of page

I'd be looking at the developer unit before anything else.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

I suggest you call in the canon experts to handle that simple problem lest you cause further damage to that expensive piece of equipment culminating into throwing it into the dustbin. Experts are never expensive!
    There's a common saying in professional circles that, '' If you think experts are expensive try an armature''.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Matoku View Post
    Hi Gary

Is your issue already sattled?

If not.WHy Not Check the DV Tank top Cover. do you fix it propperly? Last time If ve an experiance
    that plastic cover lifted a little bit causeing the Laser Beam Been Blocked to the drum surface and make the image half blank.
    thank you - i'll check a little bit later. I was thinking it might be the LED bar not imparting a charge to the drum - in my mind, that would make sense because the image cuts off quickly but also smoothly/gradually. I would imagine if something was blocking the beam I'd have a perfect image where the beam hits, and nothing where it doesn't, and probably a sharp edge/line - but I will check and thank you for the suggestion.
    I will say from what I could see, nothing appeared to be sticking out or out of alignment - but again, something has to be causing this. I'm guessing it's the yellow wires that plug into the top of the developer unit (and again, I think that's for the LED bar) - I made sure they were snug, but maybe one unseated a bit from the contact. I'm having trouble pulling out that whole assembly (i.e. there are roughly 12 or 14 "holders" for the wires, though there are only about 6 wires - and I can't unplug it, though the manual just shows them getting lifted by the wires and unplugging (which I don't want to do - I tried it very gently and am afraid i'll rip the wires or pull them out of their sockets, which may have happened already).

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by DAG COPIERS & COMPUTERS View Post
    I suggest you call in the canon experts to handle that simple problem lest you cause further damage to that expensive piece of equipment culminating into throwing it into the dustbin. Experts are never expensive!
    There's a common saying in professional circles that, '' If you think experts are expensive try an armature''.
    Thank you - I called my service man - remember, I am only going to have use of this machine for about 4 more months - and I have other machines - this one is very convenient in the suite, so the question becomes is it worth fooling around with it for a few dollars and playing, versus really getting it fixed.
    I have an older Ricoh (actually, Savin) that I keep throwing money into with service calls - that one is getting to the point i'll have to junk it soon.
    I'm all for paying for the professional - just not much when it's not my machine, it's not otherwise being used, etc.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I'm no expert on these machines so I may be way off on this but, have you used the cleaning wand that is (or should be) stored in the ITB/waste container door?

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by cscce View Post
    I'm no expert on these machines so I may be way off on this but, have you used the cleaning wand that is (or should be) stored in the ITB/waste container door?
    thank you for the reply - I did not see any cleaning wands, as I have on other machines. I saw a post elsewhere that talked about the dustproof glass by the laser getting dirty - but again, I would imagine that might be the case if I had a speckled image versus no image for 1/2 - I'm thinking now the leading culprit (to me) is that LED bar - I need to get into the machine to take a looksy but the last time I did that bar looked fine to me. I'm still scratching my head about how to get those wires out (the yellow plug) and if I could figure out the voltage I could apply it across the various leads to check out the LEDs - all the while hoping I don't burn any out!!!!!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

????
    Is the image issue consistent = meaning issue appears in exact location all the time & never moves_?

I would like to see a copy of issue_!!
    😃
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    ????
    Is the image issue consistent = meaning issue appears in exact location all the time & never moves_?

I would like to see a copy of issue_!!
    ��
    Thanks for the response teckat, again much appreciated.
    The issue looks EXACTLY the same - and has for the last roughly 40 copies I've made (1 or 2 copies at a time after trying things, etc.) - including after replacing the drum, and then going back to the original drum.
    I scanned the image but it didn't capture the gradations so I've taken a couple of photos I'll attach - what I'd like you to see is how it is perfect, and then starts to fade off versus completely abrupt.
    Attached Images Attached Images