Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

IR 2200 0102 code with noise

Hi all. First time posting here and am hoping someone has seen this problem.

I have a customer that asked us to look at their Canon IR 2200, (we are a Kyocera Dealership but hey...a copier is a copier right?).

I downloaded a service and parts manual and went on site and found tray 1 would not feed consistently. I went into diagnostics and saw tray 1 had over 300k feeds on it and tray 2 had just over 3k feeds so I swapped tray 1 and 2 feed rollers. Machine copied and printed about 75 pages with no jams.

Customer called back the next day with same problem, this time they said the machine makes a noise as well. I removed the front cover of tray 1 and cheated the paper size detect pcb and watched the feed rollers. When the jam occurs, which is a 0102 code, the feed rolls do not turn and there is a straining motor noise. The machine may feed 1,2 or even 3 pages before jamming.

I have searched the first few pages of posts here and nothing really describes the problem, I may have missed it though. I searched for tray 1 jams, 0102, etc. It does appear as though the tray lifts fine and as I said above, it will feed sometimes.

I removed the entire paper feed unit, which is quite a job, but I cannot see anything without tearing into it and it looks quite complex. I have perused the manual, but am kind of figuring there is something not firing, i.e. a clutch, or solenoid, or possibly a motor.

The documentation shows the unit I have out and also a paper feed motor assembly that appears to be near the fuser. I don't think that is causing my problem, but with no experience on these models am not sure.

If you have seen this problem, let me know what to look for.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks, in advance.

Mike

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Re: IR 2200 0102 code with noise

When you swapped the feed rollers over from tray one, did you sawp all 3?, eg pickup, feed & separation? 99 times out of 100 jamming at pick up is worn rollers, the sep roller when worn can act like a brake & make strange noises. However I have seen a lot of the cassette units fail now they are getting old, it could be a number of things causing jamming in that unit, parts are no longer available from Canon (UK)
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Technician

Copytech,

Yes I swapped all 3 rollers. As I said in the post, the rollers do not turn and there is a groaning noise, like a motor stalling.

Mike

Technician

Anyone have anything?

Mike

your best option is to replace that cassette feed unit, or if you have time strip & inspect it, sometimes cleaning out years of toner & paper dust will get it going.

This file may help you.

ir3300-006.pdf

Kakstront

Try resetting the DCON.

Technician

Well I disassembled the entire paper pickup assy and everything was fine inside. I looked into how the machine feeds for tray 1 and 2 and found the stepper motor runs in one direction for tray 1 and the opposite direction for tray 2. The machine did not have the moaning noise from tray 2 and ran much better than tray 1 so I am figuring the stepper motor is bad.

I set them up to run from tray 2 as the default tray, and it ran much better, but I am getting jams where the lead edge of the paper is not feeding past the separation roller.
    I swapped tray 2 feed rolls back to tray 2 but still getting jams. It looks like I need a set of feed rolls. Anyone know where to get them or should I just order from Precision Roller?

Let me know.

Mike

Where are you located? If you are in the UK katun do the rollers, If not yes pressison roller will do them.
    If possible try & get genuine canon rollers, they do perform better than non OEM