Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts listsubscriber's Avatar

IPF 600 2f23 error

I just had a client give me a Canon ImageProGraf ipf600 with 03130031-2f23 showing every time the machine is started. The service manual says the pump can not operate. After taking off the covers, I can see the pump going through the motions and it appears fine. Does anyone have experience with this error and what was done to correct the problem?

Thanks.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    IPF 600 2f23 error

Re: IPF 600 2f23 error

Quote Originally Posted by listsubscriber View Post
    I just had a client give me a Canon ImageProGraf ipf600 with 03130031-2f23 showing every time the machine is started. The service manual says the pump can not operate. After taking off the covers, I can see the pump going through the motions and it appears fine. Does anyone have experience with this error and what was done to correct the problem?

Thanks.
    _________:--)
    imagePROGRAF 500 / 600 / 605 / 610
    Error Code of 03130031-2F23 is Displayed.

The code is related to a malfunction of the Pump (Purge Unit).
    __The Maintenance Cartridge will also display a message that it needs replacement even though it's not full.
    ??_Clearing the Counter in Service Mode for the Maintenance Cartridge did not clear the message to replace it.
    ??_The Purge Unit was checked and it was pumping correctly.

Possible Solution :

In a few cases, it was found that the waste ink tubes were clogged with dry ink and prevented the waste ink from draining properly to the Maintenance Cartridge. Engaging multiple head cleanings did not resolve the problem to clear the dried ink.
    __To make sure the tubes are clear of any dried ink you must physically clean them with warm water; and if possible a long stem cotton swap.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Re: IPF 600 2f23 error

Hi,

I agree with Teckat, the purge unit is usually the issue when you have pump issues, i have found in a lot of cases that the suction pads on the purge unit, that cap the printhead, get really dirty and cannot create sufficient suction pressure. in my opinion you have a 50/50 chance at getting that purge unit to work properly after cleaning. I would recommend you just replace the purge unit.

good luck..........

purge.JPG
    2f23.JPG
    2f1f-1.jpg
    SAZ911..........

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts listsubscriber's Avatar

Lightbulb Re: IPF 600 2f23 error

Good info. I'll give cleaning the tubes and a new purge unit a try. The tubes are full of ink and I can see a bubble from time to time go thru the tube so the ink seems to be flowing.

Thanks for the help!!