Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Yellow streak

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Yellow streak

In my ImageRunner advance c7055, the yellow is skipping a 1/8" streak clear across the page in feed direction. What could be the problem and how do I correct it?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Yellow streak

Quote Originally Posted by thadwald View Post
    In my ImageRunner advance c7055, the yellow is skipping a 1/8" streak clear across the page in feed direction. What could be the problem and how do I correct it?
    Hi Thadwald, There are a couple of things that could cause blank areas. Check and see if the developer is evenly spread across the dev. roller sometimes there is hard toner just before the doctor blade in the dev tank that causes the dev starvation in that specific spot.
    Should the developer be in order then the other cause could be dirt or something blocking the laser light for yellow. There is a cleaning unit inside the cover that covers the toner bottles. Clean the yellow laser glass, if the problem is still not solved then you would have to remove the scanner reader unit and remove the yellow laser and look down to see what is blocking the laser light.
    Hope this will be of use.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

This was a double post that appeared a few days after my original post appeared here.

Thanks for the info.. It should prove useful in the future.

My problem was a toner rock stuck against the developer knife. It was an easy fix.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thadwald View Post
    This was a double post that appeared a few days after my original post appeared here.

Thanks for the info.. It should prove useful in the future.

My problem was a toner rock stuck against the developer knife. It was an easy fix.
    Glad its fixed. thanks for your reply