Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    jimmv

Canon3480 z folds and jams sometimes at reg. area only in mornings. exchanged r. door

Only in mornings once or twice out of paper cassette 1 or 2 . Replaced r. door and no change. sometimes jams and sometimes goes thru with z buckle or z fold with image missing under fold. Getting ready to replace reg. clutch and motor (big hassle) but since image seems to be registered ok am having second thoughts. Anybody had this??? Usually sticky foam pads for flappers on r. door are the problem. Has updated paper feed door (leaf spring).

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Canon3480 z folds and jams sometimes at reg. area only in mornings. exchanged r.

Hi check flag arm above reg roller not sticking ..had a few of these...remove the damper pad at rear

jimmv

Re: Canon3480 z folds and jams sometimes at reg. area only in mornings. exchanged r.

Quote Originally Posted by steve schofield View Post
    Hi check flag arm above reg roller not sticking ..had a few of these...remove the damper pad at rear

Do you mean reg. sensor BELOW reg. roller???
    I did find damper pad on our (in shop) copier
    I mangled the metal to get it out the "easy" way LOL!
    will look to see if there is a better way to remove metal guide or scrape off pad in place. Thanx!!!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon3480 z folds and jams sometimes at reg. area only in mornings. exchanged r. door

Quote Originally Posted by jimmv View Post
    Do you mean reg. sensor BELOW reg. roller???
    I did find damper pad on our (in shop) copier
    I mangled the metal to get it out the "easy" way LOL!
    will look to see if there is a better way to remove metal guide or scrape off pad in place. Thanx!!!
    ================================

metal guide is a pain to remove/ don't waste time on it
    use a spring hook to remove/scrape away pad

I used to put xtra wrap on that reg spring/ u need a retractable spring hook for that/ beats removing that metal plate
    Add a wrap to the return spring on the actuator for the Pre-Registration Sensor (PS7)

also try removing & re-connecting all the DC Controller PCB connectors
    think there was a old pub on this intermittently morning jam/ do u get those jam 0105's
    is this from cassette paper or deck paper locations or both

how is printer location ?
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

jimmv

Scraped off damper pad. Sill happens and now not only in morning. Bringing copier in to replace reg. clutch and motor. Hope this works!!!!