Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Eeel

Angry canon IR3100CN E000020-0081

Hi,
    I am getting the above error message on my canon imagerunner. can somebody please help me to understand the problem and guide me to solve it.

model: ir3100CN
    number of copy and prints 67k
    some info: recently copier was shipped to my home country (before that copier did work fine). since arriving in my home country copier is not starting up and gives the above stated error code. I been to service mode and try to clear tthe error code. however, i cannot clear that error code (no clear sign).

your help is highly appreciated.
    Eeel

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

E020

take out the drum and clean the patch sensor it sits about 10 oclock this can cause your problem also

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    I agree with Logonjim.

That code is one of the things this machine does best. I find that once you start get that code it will start happening more and more frequently until you replace all the Devs.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    The E-020 codes are the only thing this machine does well

Good luck, sounds like its time for the machine to start blowing up. All of our IR-C3100's made it to about 70K with no service and then it was all down hill from there. Try the drum first...

or if you really want to fix the problem get a new IR-C3080 or C3480

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

e020

Come on guys the 3100 is not that bad few hic cups but when software is up to date and all the mods done it works ok ..Cleanliness is next to godliness and is the same on all canon copiers so keep them clean ..remember one is only supposed to do 15% colour on this machine anything more and you will get problems ,,this is a black and white machine with colour ability (be it in small amounts tho ) lol i agree the new boxes out work brillo have had the odd weird fault on them but mainly down to PCBs not seated properly

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    I suppose if you have enough time to perform 4 hour PM's and update software daily (ok maybe once a week) and the customer only uses it on Tuesday in May....

We have been fortunate enough to upgrade all but 3 C3100's that we had in the field. I'm still working on those last 3. We have one in our showroom too... we just laugh at it.

C3100 - replace drum and developers on a regular basis and make sure software is always up to date and it probably won't work that bad

Eeel

E-020 codes

hi,
    many thanks for your replies.

i think the question i am gonna ask maybe silly, but please do not ignore it.

where can i find the patch sensor . does any of you have a diagrum showing different part of this copier.
    and also where can i find the latest firmware (did you ment firmware wen you were talking about latest software?) from.
    thanks again
    Eeel