Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Question 1FA1 JAM Booklet finisher C1

Hello friends!

We have a rather annoying issue with one booklet finisher. The customer called and said that finisher keeps jamming when printing booklets. Onsite we succesfully printed about 30 booklets before the machine started jamming. All the booklets jam at the same position. (check picture).

IMG_4229.JPG

So we spent a few hours there yesterday but without any success. Only thing we found online was another similar post from this forum. And everything looks fine, so we decided to swap the whole finisher for another one we had at the office. So we could check it at in the office in peace

But we are still quite clueless.. one thing is that we changed sensor PI17 and then the JAM code changed to 1FA2. If anyone have any tips on what could be causing this and helps us finding the problem we would be very grateful.

(C5045i is the model connected to the finisher)

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    1FA1 JAM Booklet finisher C1

Re: 1FA1 JAM Booklet finisher C1

Quote Originally Posted by Kripp View Post
    Hello friends!

We have a rather annoying issue with one booklet finisher. The customer called and said that finisher keeps jamming when printing booklets. Onsite we succesfully printed about 30 booklets before the machine started jamming. All the booklets jam at the same position. (check picture).

IMG_4229.JPG

So we spent a few hours there yesterday but without any success. Only thing we found online was another similar post from this forum. And everything looks fine, so we decided to swap the whole finisher for another one we had at the office. So we could check it at in the office in peace

But we are still quite clueless.. one thing is that we changed sensor PI17 and then the JAM code changed to 1FA2. If anyone have any tips on what could be causing this and helps us finding the problem we would be very grateful.

(C5045i is the model connected to the finisher)
    Try removing & re_seating all the connectors on the Saddle Stitch CController PCB1.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    Try removing & re_seating all the connectors on the Saddle Stitch CController PCB1.
    We changed the Saddle stapler assembly and now the machine is working. Strange since it looks just fine ^_^. Thanks anyway teckat

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts vigour's Avatar

Your solution has jogged my memory.
    One or both of your staplers is not functioning properly,
    Check for a staple hanging out of one stapler.

Your picture threw mew off, it made me think there was an exit jam, which would mean tightening the spring pressure on the last roller

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by vigour View Post
    Your solution has jogged my memory.
    One or both of your staplers is not functioning properly,
    Check for a staple hanging out of one stapler.

Your picture threw mew off, it made me think there was an exit jam, which would mean tightening the spring pressure on the last roller
    Yeah its strange.. We have checked for staples .. and since you can sometimes print 20 booklets without any problem I dont think thats was the problem. But I agree that the JAM code and the problem does not match at all.. But atleast the machine is working. If we ever find the problem on the unit iŽll post it here, someone else might run into the same problem.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    1FA1 JAM Booklet finisher C1

Quote Originally Posted by Kripp View Post
    Yeah its strange.. We have checked for staples .. and since you can sometimes print 20 booklets without any problem I dont think thats was the problem. But I agree that the JAM code and the problem does not match at all.. But atleast the machine is working. If we ever find the problem on the unit iŽll post it here, someone else might run into the same problem.

________;-)
    Learned a long time ago, Canon codes >especially Jam ones only point to a description area, many times u need to pull the assembly or backtrack to an inbetween unit.

Ever wonder how Canon Engeniers are able to test all these Errors & Jams codes.

Have been to a Japanese test site for the imagePass7000 before limited release, guees what> they did not use computer software for testing. This product was tested on actual trial & error situations, with many hair pulling by Japanese Suits, yes_all testers wore suits.

But, still love Canon product.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Burdy

hi there, this jam-code comes from a broken part and not good fitted parts, see pics! broken part: 4A3-4207-000 link, roller
    Attached Images Attached Images