Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IR5065

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    IR5065

IR5065

I've got 2 problems. First, the message "Clean scanner glass" comes up whenever you use the adf. It's referring to the glass in the adf over the CIS. It's clean as clean can be. Wondering if there's an adjustment or if it can be turned off. Second, it gets an occasional E202 at initial feed thru adf. There's a slight grind of the CIS scanner glass when it codes. The belt and motor seem good and tight. Saw TP08 013.Any help would be great

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts vigour's Avatar

Re: IR5065

decreasing the value in level 1 Copier>Option>Body>DFDST-L1 and DFDST-L2
    will get rid of the message. try 200, 150, 90

for e202
    lubricate the rail on which the glass moves.
    next step is .. replace the motor.

IR5065

The DFDST settings are already at 0 and I believe they're not for the sensitivity for the CIS glass but for the scanner glass on the machine reader. I will try lubing rails. Thanks

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    IR5065

Quote Originally Posted by Brian8506 View Post
    The DFDST settings are already at 0 and I believe they're not for the sensitivity for the CIS glass but for the scanner glass on the machine reader. I will try lubing rails. Thanks

:'( _CIS unit in the feeder seems to be detecting dust.

Beginning with System Software Version, 41.01, a Service Mode selection was added to help with the sensitivity for dust detection.
    TP07-328 describes the change and how it is used. The mode can be found on the sixth page of COPIER>OPTION>BODY.

Opps._see u already tried that:-!

Does this model have_SPECK-DP ?
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts vigour's Avatar

Option.>DF-Bline should get rid of that message.

I think there is a spring added in the back but haven't seen the TB myself

IR5065

Df bline didn't work. I haven't seen tp07-328 and there's only 5 pages under option body in level 1. Lubed rail so far so good. Time will tell since its infrequent. Maybe I need to upgrade software. Level 2 option body has 11 pages but not sure what I need to change

IR5065

Df bline didn't work. I haven't seen tp07-328 and there's only 5 pages under option body in level 1. Lubed rail so far so good. Time will tell since its infrequent. Maybe I need to upgrade software. Level 2 option body has 11 pages but not sure what I need to change

If the machine does not have 6 pages in Option, then the machine needs to be flashed to the most current version of System Software to see the six pages OPTION in Service Mode
    Firmware ver. ??

found it
    TP07-328========Year 2007

A message of, "Originals may not be scanned clearly- Clean the feeder scanning area" appears on the display.
    The message only appears when scanning originals using the Document Feeder using scan once feature for duplex copies.
    The CIS unit in the feeder seems to be detecting dust. After cleaning the CIS unit, the message still appeared. CCD adjustments were then performed, but the message still appeared while running the documents in the feeder for that specific duplex feature.

looks like below is for =imageDADF-S1 from v3.02 to v4.01
    When using the following mode adjust the stain detection level when scanning dual sides simultaneously can be performed. (If the setting value is increased, the stain recognition level can be improved.) * For details, please refer to Service Manual.
    [Service mode]
    - COPIER > OPTION > BODY > DF2DSTL1
    - (When scanning dual sides simultaneously, the stain detection level at the 2nd side paper interval can be adjusted.)
    <Details> Stain is detected, and the stain correction is conducted at the paper interval. By doing so, image error (lines) on the 2nd side due to the stain can be reduced.
    -COPIER > OPTION > BODY > DF2DSTL2
    (When scanning dual sides simultaneously, the stain detection level after the 2nd side job can be adjusted.)
    <Details> Stain is detected, and the stream reading position after the job is changed. By doing so, image error (lines) on the 2nd side due to the stain can be reduced.
    [Setting value]
    0 to 255 (Default: 200) * 0: Stain is not detected.
    The larger the value is, the higher the stain detection level becomes. (It would be easier to detect the stain which causes light lines.)
    This setting is enabled when combining with the following versions: RCON v3.01 (or later) + ADF v4.01 (or later).
    Attached Files Attached Files

IR5065

Today we upgraded the software and got the page 6 we were looking for with the DF2DSTL1 and DF2DSTL2 adjustments but A) they are at 0 and when we change the setting it goes back to 0 and B) we're still getting the message to clean the inner glass. It only seems to do it when the CIS needs to read both sides of the original such as 2-2 and 2-1. Any other thoughts?

IR5065

Today we upgraded the software and got the page 6 we were looking for with the DF2DSTL1 and DF2DSTL2 adjustments but A) they are at 0 and when we change the setting it goes back to 0 and B) we're still getting the message to clean the inner glass. It only seems to do it when the CIS needs to read both sides of the original such as 2-2 and 2-1. Any other thoughts?

???
    setting is enabled when combining with the following versions: RCON v3.01 (or later) + ADF v4.01 (or later).