Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    rustyromania

Pixelated images - imagePRESS C1+

Hi everyone,

First I want to apologize for my english and for my small knowledge about printers. I just opened a small business with advertising and not know how to properly use my printer.

I would be grateful to anyone who could help me with a problem regarding my imagePRESS C1+.

The printer has a T1 Fiery. I do not know why the pictures are pixelated and colors are quite dark. I did full adjustment calibration and some settings that I found helpful, but nothing. For example when i'm printing an image with sky, on paper appears almost one color, without gradients. Or if i am printing a picture of a person on the face appear some little dots. And shadows are printed bad.

I do not know where to start and what settings should I do to for better quality prints. Can someone help me with some advices?

Once again I apologize for my English. I also apologize if the informations was not complete in order to solve my problem. If you find the problem simple or silly I don't want to offend anyone.

PS: I use CorelDRAW X6 and about paper - i'm using coated paper and laser printing paper.

Many thanks!

Adrian

teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts

Re: Pixelated images - imagePRESS C1+

Hi Adrian,

If you are a tech please post a PG-10 test from service mode.
    If you are not please call one.Call certified Canon company because C1 can be pain in the as sometime.
    Practice makes perfect
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Pixelated images - imagePRESS C1+

Quote Originally Posted by rustyromania View Post
    Hi everyone,

First I want to apologize for my english and for my small knowledge about printers. I just opened a small business with advertising and not know how to properly use my printer.

I would be grateful to anyone who could help me with a problem regarding my imagePRESS C1+.

The printer has a T1 Fiery. I do not know why the pictures are pixelated and colors are quite dark. I did full adjustment calibration and some settings that I found helpful, but nothing. For example when i'm printing an image with sky, on paper appears almost one color, without gradients. Or if i am printing a picture of a person on the face appear some little dots. And shadows are printed bad.

I do not know where to start and what settings should I do to for better quality prints. Can someone help me with some advices?

Once again I apologize for my English. I also apologize if the informations was not complete in order to solve my problem. If you find the problem simple or silly I don't want to offend anyone.

PS: I use CorelDRAW X6 and about paper - i'm using coated paper and laser printing paper.

Many thanks!

Adrian
    _______________*_*
    First make sure u are using the proper Print drivers for T1
    _Canon U.S.A. : Support & Drivers : imagePRESS Server-T1

��_
    http://apps.corel.com/partners_devel...ess/consid.htm

===================-:-\

What are u using to calibrate the T1_?
    X-Rite, Kodak Grey Scale, Specto-ES 1000_?

First you want to calibrate the Printer using the a
    Autogradation feature in the additional functions button and that will put the box back to baseline quality.

Then you need to open up the colorwise pro tools and choose calibrator and choose the device you're are using ie X-rite densi or the ES 1000.
    Then you want to print out the target and then measure...It will then calibrate the rip according to rip defaults.

You should also then do an Autogradation with the exact paper you are using...this is done off of the glass.

Also see_EFI Fiery Forums

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iy75qqpdp4...0v2.0.pdf?dl=0
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**