Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Canon IRC 2030 Color Copier - Reset Network Connection Information

Hello,

Setting up the IP static on these devices is usually very easy. In this case, the machine was in a high security company prior to me getting it at the wholesalers. The IP4 setup is correct, but the machine is still not connecting. I would like to simply reset the entire thing back to it's default settings. Can someone tell me how to reset the connectivity back to default set so I can then setup the IP4 connection? I think there must be some other high level settings done in the system and rather than go through each one and attempt to decipher what's being set, I think resetting to factory defaults would be better.

I know the NIC card is working fine, and the cable is to. It's definitely a settings issue..

Thanks in advance.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Canon IRC 2030 Color Copier - Reset Network Connection Information

Quote Originally Posted by chrisban35 View Post
    Hello,

Setting up the IP static on these devices is usually very easy. In this case, the machine was in a high security company prior to me getting it at the wholesalers. The IP4 setup is correct, but the machine is still not connecting. I would like to simply reset the entire thing back to it's default settings. Can someone tell me how to reset the connectivity back to default set so I can then setup the IP4 connection? I think there must be some other high level settings done in the system and rather than go through each one and attempt to decipher what's being set, I think resetting to factory defaults would be better.

I know the NIC card is working fine, and the cable is to. It's definitely a settings issue..

Thanks in advance.
    -------------------------------------------------------------

“Initialize All Data/ Settings”

Press the Additional Functions key, then, select the System Settings button (if assigned, you will need to enter the administrator password to
    access this menu); then select Initialize All Data/ Settings. (The default overwrite setting is once with null data.
    If an optional security kit is installed, the administrator can set the number of overwrites to up to three times with random data within service mode prior to performing the procedure.) When
    prompted to confirm if you want to proceed with this procedure, press YES. (It may take up to 30 minutes to initialize the hard disk and overwrite the user partition)
    After the Hard Disk is initialized, press the main power switch to OFF.

Printer Firmware is not effected with this procedure.

The “Initialize All Data/Settings” procedure will overwrite partitions of the hard disk that contain the following
    information stored on the device:
    -Traces of previously deleted image data from Copy, Print, Scan Jobs
    - Data stored in inboxes
    - Address Book data
    - Scan settings registered for the Sending function
    - Mode Memory settings registered for the Copy or Mail Box function
    - MEAP applications and Licenses
    - Data saved from MEAP applications
    - The password for MEAP SMS login services reverts back to the default
    - Registered SDL (Simple Device Login) user authentication information
    - User authentication information registered in the local device authentication system of SSO (Single Sign-on)
    - Unsent documents (Reserved documents and documents set with the Delayed Send Mode)
    - Job History
    - Additional Function settings
    - Image forms registered for the Form Composition mode
    - Registered forwarding settings
    - Key pair and server Certificate settings registered in Certificate Settings in TCP/IP Settings

Additional Information on Data and Settings Backup
    Back up any necessary data before initiating the “Initialize All Data/Settings” procedure on the machine.
    You can back up the following data:
    - Address Book, Additional Functions Settings, Forwarding Settings, and User Inbox Document Data
    (For information on exporting this data, see the Remote UI Guide.)
    - License files for MEAP applications (For information on downloading license files, see the MEAP SMS
    Administrator Guide.)
    - User authentication information registered in SDL (Simple Device Login)
    - User authentication information registered in the Local Device Authentication System of SSO (Single Sign-On)
    (For information on exporting authentication information, see the MEAP SMS Administrator Guide.)
    - Settings which can be sent using the Device Information Delivery mode (Can only be backed up if you have
    another imageRUNNER machine with the Device Information Delivery mode. It is not necessary to back up this
    data if you want to use the data already registered in the other imageRUNNER machine. For more information on
    the Device Information Delivery mode, see the Device Product Reference Guide.)
    - Data saved from MEAP applications Depending on the MEAP application, you may be able to back up this data.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Canon IRC 2030 Color Copier - Reset Network Connection Information

Thank you teckat . That info is highly appreciated! I need to make sure this resets any and all security setting which may be blocking standard TCP/IP settings.. I am going to try it today. will re-post if there is anything further. Thanks again!

Chris