Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Canon iR 5055 - problem in duplex

Hello,
    I have a problem with Canon iR 5055 printing using duplex.
    When using duplex the second printed side of the page (which goes through the duplex) had the text moved horizontally approx. 1 centimeter.
    I've changed some rollers. See this picture for rollers I've changed (green color):

Now, the printed text on the second side which goes through the duplex is still little bit moved horizontally, but only about 2 milimeteres.
    On the picture there are also rollers (marked with red color) which haven't been changed.
    They are hard to change.
    See this scanned picture:

Could help me to change the rollers marked with red color?
    Have you any tips, what to change in duplex for correct printing?

Thanks.

Re: Canon iR 5055 - problem in duplex

Quote Originally Posted by spree View Post
    Hello,
    I have a problem with Canon iR 5055 printing using duplex.
    When using duplex the second printed side of the page (which goes through the duplex) had the text moved horizontally approx. 1 centimeter.
    I've changed some rollers. See this picture for rollers I've changed (green color):

Now, the printed text on the second side which goes through the duplex is still little bit moved horizontally, but only about 2 milimeteres.
    On the picture there are also rollers (marked with red color) which haven't been changed.
    They are hard to change.
    See this scanned picture:

Could help me to change the rollers marked with red color?
    Have you any tips, what to change in duplex for correct printing?

Thanks.
    what about this.....69 FS6-2832-000 1 SPRING, COMPRESSION........ may be the compression is not good....?????

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

hi,

has the machine got a high volume on it? Ive seen the shafts of 22, 23, 24 etc on the diagram wear down and moving around in the bushing...so you are getting one end wobbling around and not giving pressure.

Hi,

Can you confirm if the paper is running true (straight) through the duplex, from the looks of your sample you have a bit of skewing and i had similar issues with this model. We had an issue where the upper duplex cover was being pushed down too far and was pinching the paper on the right side of the upper duplex cover.

We found that because it is spring mounted that there are two limiters on the frame to stop the duplex upper cover from going down to far. we noticed that limiters were bent downwards and thus letting the cover come down too far. all we did was bend the limit plates back up a bit and problem solved.

Hope this helps....
    SAZ911..........

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I will try your tips at customer. Thank you for your help so far.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I would check your sensor flags for burrs or weak springs causing timing issues as the paper is being duplexed through the machine. If the image is constantly the 1 CM it could also be from a previous technician or end user making a service mode adjustment as well.
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

SAZ911: I've been at customer. Tried to pull up the limiters little bit up, but without any luck. The thruth is the one limiter was a bit down.
    charm5496: please, could you write me more about service mode adjustment? What should I check in service mode?

I'm planning to order parts with number 54, 14, 69.
    Interest thing is there is a rubber cube on the part 54 (Holder, Guide). This rubber cube is little bit worned on one side.
    I've read the number of part at the machine and the code was FB4-2326.
    But in the Canon catalog for part 54 there is a code FF5-9970.
    FB4-2326 is for iR 7200, 8070, 8500 series. Maybe another technician before give this part to machine?

I'm planning to order also bushings for rollers I've changed (green on the picture).
    It shows me that probably number 5 and number 77 could be the right?
    Have you any tips what bushings or parts to order?

Thanks.

SAZ911: I've been at customer. Tried to pull up the limiters little bit up, but without any luck. The thruth is the one limiter was a bit down.
    charm5496: please, could you write me more about service mode adjustment? What should I check in service mode?

I'm planning to order parts with number 54, 14, 69.
    Interest thing is there is a rubber cube on the part 54 (Holder, Guide). This rubber cube is little bit worned on one side.
    I've read the number of part at the machine and the code was FB4-2326.
    But in the Canon catalog for part 54 there is a code FF5-9970.
    FB4-2326 is for iR 7200, 8070, 8500 series. Maybe another technician before give this part to machine?

I'm planning to order also bushings for rollers I've changed (green on the picture).
    It shows me that probably number 5 and number 77 could be the right?
    Have you any tips what bushings or parts to order?

Thanks.
    hi,

Do you have an old machine that you could maybe borrow the duplex unit from to test the machine your working on, so as to determine whether it is a hardware issue as opposed to a timing issue or even maybe some registration issue.

Cheers,
    SAZ911..........

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SAZ911 View Post
    hi,

Do you have an old machine that you could maybe borrow the duplex unit from to test the machine your working on, so as to determine whether it is a hardware issue as opposed to a timing issue or even maybe some registration issue.

Cheers,
    The problem is probably in duplex. Because when I'm printing one side it's OK. When printing double side, the first side is OK, but the second side (which goes through the duplex unit) is moved.

Do you think the parts which I'm planning to order could help?

Technician

The problem is probably in duplex. Because when I'm printing one side it's OK. When printing double side, the first side is OK, but the second side (which goes through the duplex unit) is moved.

Do you think the parts which I'm planning to order could help?

----

Check the gear of the sensor motor (duplex)