Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Canon c7000vp Black toner not registering

I got a message to replace the black toner, i have tried 3 different brand new toners but it keeps telling me that its empty, its driving me insane... please help

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts tinnyjay's Avatar

Re: Canon c7000vp Black toner not registering

Quote Originally Posted by isjaffer View Post
    I got a message to replace the black toner, i have tried 3 different brand new toners but it keeps telling me that its empty, its driving me insane... please help
    In general...there is a sensor that meassure the presence of toner inside toner hoper.So, if this sensor is faulty, maybe you can change 1000 toners but the result is the same, recognise toner bottle as empty.
    "Who loves the roses,must also bear thumbs"

Quote Originally Posted by tinnyjay View Post
    In general...there is a sensor that meassure the presence of toner inside toner hoper.So, if this sensor is faulty, maybe you can change 1000 toners but the result is the same, recognise toner bottle as empty.

Is there anything in service mode i can do to maybe clean the sensor? or assist the printer in recognizing the toner

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon c7000vp Black toner not registering

Quote Originally Posted by isjaffer View Post
    ________;-!
    In some cases, the piezeo sensor on the black sub-hopper was replaced to resolve the problem.

See pic link____;--)
    https://lh6.ggpht.com/v6sUqncbhZaLEJ...Zfp7Lj1tQ=s114

Few things can cause this*******
    A replace black toner cartridge message appeared on the control panel.
    This can happen with any color.
    Swapping the piezo sensors in the hopper and the hopper driver with another color did not resolve the problem.

Checking I/O mode P015 bit 14 read 1 (Toner Absent in the Black Sub Hopper.)
    Visually inspected the sub hopper and found toner level was low.

Note:
    The I/O mode for the other colors are all P015, Yellow is bit 8, Magenta is bit 10, Cyan is bit 12.

Below is a chart with the Piezo sensor numbers and the state the sensors are in when toner messages appear.

Solution :
    In this case, there was a clog in the toner feed screw indicated in the picture below.
    Cleaning out the toner clog resolved the issue.

Replace Toner Cartridge" message is Displayed, even though a new Toner Cartridge has been installed.
    😎
    The problem can occur with any of the Colors; Yellow, Magenta, Cyan or Black. When the message is displayed, the message will alert you of which Toner Cartridge needs to be replaced.

:--!
    If after replacing the Toner Cartridge and the message is still displayed, check to make sure that toner is not clogged in the Toner Feed Screw Assembly.
    A toner clog in the Toner Feed Screw Assembly will prevent toner from being fed down to Sub Hopper Unit. This will cause the Sub Hopper Toner Level Sensor to read that the Sub Hopper is empty, therby generating and displaying the Message; "Replace Toner Cartridge".

=============================================

Symptom is that the machine will indicate that the toner bottle can be replaced, even though the toner bottle is full.

Vacuumed out the XX Sub Hopper. ==In your case it's BLACK__
    (XX represents the color of the hopper in question) When the machine was turned on, the XX Main Hopper added continuously until it timed out. This caused a message of "The following toner cartridge can be replaced (XX)" even though the toner bottle was full. Checked the display and the sub hopper sensor was functioning correctly. Noticed that the toner did not make it high enough to cover the Sub Hopper sensor. This created an abnormal condition in the 3 sensors that detect toner levels. The abnormal condition is for the Sub Hopper to be empty while the 2 Main Hopper sensors are full.

Test 1: Tested the Sub Hopper feed tube by rotating the Main Hopper supply gear x amount of times. Did the same with another color and compared the two. XX had 1/4 of the amount of toner filling the Sub Hopper when compared to another color.

Test 2: Over filled the XX Sub Hopper and let the machine add a little longer by unblocking the XX Sub Hopper sensor. This packed the XX Sub Hopper and Sub Hopper feed tube with toner. Then the Main Hopper supply gear was rotated x amount of times, this time the correct amount of toner was supplied to the XX Sub Hopper.

Conclusion: There is something wrong in the Main Hopper (Buffer). If toner remains on the Upper and/ or Lower Main hopper sensors but the toner level inside the Main Hopper drops, there would be less toner to be supplied to the Sub Hopper. Or if an auger inside of the Main Hopper (Buffer) is cracked, toner will not be delivered to the Sub Hopper at the same rate.

Resolution: Replacing the Main Hopper Buffer resolved the issue.
    FM2-2333-000 Main Hopper Buffer (Y), FM2-2334-000 Main Hopper Buffer (M), FM2-2335-000 Main Hopper Buffer (C), FM2-2336-000 Main Hopper Buffer (K).
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**