Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Control Panel Icon

Control Panel Icon

I have a strange box on the control panel of an c3380 I picked up. This copier only has 76k copies on it but has a few strange issues. One is the box that is beside the Black/Color Option box (see attached). I've never seen this before and don't know what it could be. If you press it, the machine reacts but nothing happens. Second, when you make a copy, you can hear the paper lift but it takes a long time for it to finally pull the paper through. I've checked the settings and the paper is set to Plain, so not sure what else would make this happen. And last, is when you first turn the power on, it starts to power up, then goes quiet and screen goes black, then starts powering up again. Green power light stays on the whole time. Its as if the copier is rebooting itself and then comes to ready as normal. Any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Tech 100+ Posts mosey1100's Avatar

Re: Control Panel Icon

Quote Originally Posted by repeatcopiers View Post
    I have a strange box on the control panel of an c3380 I picked up. This copier only has 76k copies on it but has a few strange issues. One is the box that is beside the Black/Color Option box (see attached). I've never seen this before and don't know what it could be. If you press it, the machine reacts but nothing happens. Second, when you make a copy, you can hear the paper lift but it takes a long time for it to finally pull the paper through. I've checked the settings and the paper is set to Plain, so not sure what else would make this happen. And last, is when you first turn the power on, it starts to power up, then goes quiet and screen goes black, then starts powering up again. Green power light stays on the whole time. Its as if the copier is rebooting itself and then comes to ready as normal. Any ideas?
    You could try to initialize all data which restores everything to factory settings.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by repeatcopiers View Post

Hi,

The "Strange Box" is your BLACK MODE SHORTCUT KEY.

You can turn it on and off, by going to Additional functions > Common Setting > Display the Black Mode shortcut key

It may appear that nothing happens when you press it but indeed it does do something, it sets your copy mode to black and white, if you select colour mode on your copy tab then afterwards press your "mystery box" you will notice that it reverts back to Black and White.

See pics below,

SAZ911..........

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Control Panel Icon

Quote Originally Posted by SAZ911 View Post
    Hi,

The "Strange Box" is your BLACK MODE SHORTCUT KEY.

You can turn it on and off, by going to Additional functions > Common Setting > Display the Black Mode shortcut key

It may appear that nothing happens when you press it but indeed it does do something, it sets your copy mode to black and white, if you select colour mode on your copy tab then afterwards press your "mystery box" you will notice that it reverts back to Black and White.

See pics below,

Wow, 23 years in the business and I have never seen that! Thanks so much.

teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts
    Control Panel Icon

years ago i had similar feeling when i heard about service mode level 3.
    Practice makes perfect
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself