Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts d7guitar's Avatar

Trained on...

Konica minolta - 12 years- Awesome product, Love it, great support that outshadows= Panasonic - 8 years, tech suport must get a kickback for how many main control boards they tell you to replace during troubleshooting as they read out of thier manuals, which is the same as Ricoh- 6 years - and their tech support and DSM for this area are a Joke. Looking at taking on Muratec or Samsung as second line and so far Samsung's requirement for picking up warranty service for our terittory would change our "business" model and their Rep doesn't know how to return phone calls makes the Muratec line look shiny by comparison.
    After all is said and done, More is said than done.

Technician

HELP!! PLEASE!!

ok so what i have is a second hand cf2002 with fiery (no idea what kind or brand), I have a router I am trying to use to set up the copier to my coputer. I have the main internet connected to the router then the cord from the copmuter to the router and another cord from the copier to the router. sorry for being so long winded but i haven't done this before I have looked on the machine and got what I thinkis it's IP address?? then went to "add a printer" to my system and followed all the directions. I know i need the printer driver and I think I got it off the minolta website, but I'm honestly not sure if its the right one anyways, when i do all the steps and try to print the test page nothing happens any ideas where i am going wrong?? thanks in advance for any help!!!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    how many konica, konica/minolta techs on board?

The IP sceme of your PC and the copier need to be similar ie 192.169.1.xxx the last set of digits can not be the same as that will cause an IP conflict. You might be better off posting this question under the konica minolta section to get specific help on the issue you are having.
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    work for konica minolta and canon dealer. Starting to get more konica minoltas in field than canons

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jarwil View Post
    work for konica minolta and canon dealer. Starting to get more konica minoltas in field than canons

Man confused.jpg
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

HOS
    I am currently working for a Konica dealer. I prefer Ricoh but am trained on Ricoh,Toshiba, Sharp,Kyocera, HP. Been working on copiers to long!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

This is a CANON Forum ~~

RICOH Color printers and their documents=
    there is no word in the English Dictionary to describe them both
    trashman.jpg
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I have a word for that describes RICOH products teckat....but it wouldn't be prudent for me to say so I will be nice!!!! lol
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    That's right; I'm also speechless...

But still I can answer to the topic; I work for an Canon dealer. And I don't know if I even want to work elsewhere. There's enough challenges in these machines (usually in a good way, fortunately).

Oh, I almost forgot: I've once touched a konica 8020 (checked it's counter readings and consumable meters). A friend of mine bought it for some of his friend. I guess it has worked quite well cause he hasn't called me for help!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I had one truble and it was a canon for last 10 years. Now I got my self an X2 trubles, Canon and Minoltas, O boy. Konicaminolta color machines are great.Period. Not that i can say the same for the B/W versions...lots of problems whit electronic that are so dumb that u actualy cant repir it without good electrician! Canons do have similar problems but not so often nor bullet prof on other problems . To conclude : same s**t but another package for all brends. Sometimes u will pull your hair and sometimes u will be a king of a world coz u are service tech.