Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Canon C6000 Jam Problem

I am working on a canon Imagepress C6000. The machine was printing and while printing the calibration button was presed and the machine Jammed (not sure that that is related or coincidence). After clearing the Jam, the machine continues to say that there is a jam. I have used canned air to blow the sensor, I have vacuumed the machine, cleaned the sensor with swabs, unplugged, reset, everything that I know that I can do but it insist that there is a Jam priority 1, Unit B, Section D. That is just the belt. Literally the illustration to clear that Jam is to reach in and remove the paper of the belt. The machine has jammed in the past really bad and in difficult sections. All have been cleared. This is the simplest place for a jam to be ( I don't even think it can actually jam in this section other than hold paper while its really jammed on other sections).

I would appreciate any help.

I have looked in the service manual to see the part or sensor number and find nothing for this. The part on the manual that shows this section doesnt even name the belt. I assume that maybe is the same as in another section but I can't relate. Please help.

Re: Canon C6000 Jam Problem

Quote Originally Posted by SuperVisuals View Post
    I am working on a canon Imagepress C6000. The machine was printing and while printing the calibration button was presed and the machine Jammed (not sure that that is related or coincidence). After clearing the Jam, the machine continues to say that there is a jam. I have used canned air to blow the sensor, I have vacuumed the machine, cleaned the sensor with swabs, unplugged, reset, everything that I know that I can do but it insist that there is a Jam priority 1, Unit B, Section D. That is just the belt. Literally the illustration to clear that Jam is to reach in and remove the paper of the belt. The machine has jammed in the past really bad and in difficult sections. All have been cleared. This is the simplest place for a jam to be ( I don't even think it can actually jam in this section other than hold paper while its really jammed on other sections).

I would appreciate any help.

I have looked in the service manual to see the part or sensor number and find nothing for this. The part on the manual that shows this section doesnt even name the belt. I assume that maybe is the same as in another section but I can't relate. Please help.

It looks like the section where the Jam Is being Generated from is in the Pre-Fixing Feed Sensor 2 (PS200) any idea on how to fix or replace? there is no paper there. I assume is a bad sensor but I could be wrong. Part number would be helpful.

teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts
    Canon C6000 Jam Problem

Did you check in service mode to be sure wich sensor indicate jam? If you sure about PS200 then must be piece of paper above sensor because this is photo sensor.Pull out itb unit and inspect above and around transport belts.Check in service mode if sensor response.

Capture.jpg

PN: WG8-5736-000

Capture.jpg
    Last edited by zoraldinho; 03-20-2015 at 02:34 PM.
    Practice makes perfect
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself

C6000 PS200 jam.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by zoraldinho View Post
    Did you check in service mode to be sure wich sensor indicate jam? If you sure about PS200 then must be piece of paper above sensor because this is photo sensor.Pull out itb unit and inspect above and around transport belts.Check in service mode if sensor response.

Capture.jpg

PN: WG8-5736-000

Capture.jpg
    Zoraldinho,

Thank you for the response. My knowledge on this machines is very limited (dangerous, like it says in your
    thread) I'm not sure how to put into service mode or how to make the sensor respond. I looked at the service manual and there is where I found the section and the PS200 that I am referring two. we normally work on much smaller machines. Mainly printers.

I Have inspected
    around the sensors. The picture you shot shows the belt that comes out, the jam is indication in the belt that stays in, the one where your arrows in the picture are closer. I have attached were I got my PS200 from.

The first belt (that comes out) would be simple to change, but of course it is the one that is almost connected to the secondary unit. Im not sure if it is the sensor, but I have blown air, wiped, and tried everything that I can. I don't see anything in there. There seems to be nothing on or around it. Im a leaning towards a bad sensor... the sensor should be clean.

PS on the picture below, is on the left side, the one that seems to be sticking out of the machine (thats because the other half is inside the secondary unit and that is why is not pulled out with the ITB belt) (excuse me if my terminology is not correct).

Thank you sooooooo much!!!!!

Canon C6000 Jam Problem

What is the jam code exactly! In service mode COPIER > DISPLAY > JAM touch on jam and indication screen will bring up the Detail screen of the jam in question.

Capture.jpg

Capture.jpg
    Sensor check:

Address ----- Bit-------- Name ------------- Symbol---------- Remarks

-P005------- 1-- Pre-fixing feed sensor 2--- PS200-------- L:Paper is present

Capture.jpg

Disengage 2 leaf springs and pull out fixing unit more.If you need more space,remove fixing unit!
    Practice makes perfect

What is the jam code exactly! In service mode COPIER > DISPLAY > JAM touch on jam and indication screen will bring up the Detail screen of the jam in question.

Capture.jpg

Capture.jpg
    Sensor check:

Address ----- Bit-------- Name ------------- Symbol---------- Remarks

-P005------- 1-- Pre-fixing feed sensor 2--- PS200-------- L:Paper is present

Capture.jpg

Disengage 2 leaf springs and pull out fixing unit more.If you need more space,remove fixing unit!
    I have attached pictures of the screens in service mode and of the sensor. I cleaned the sensor. thanks for the tips on the extra space. Definitively needed it. I was able to get my camera in there for a pic. In the pics is what I was able to pull. When testing the sensor, the first belt would change (one of the many 0 and 1) from 0 to 1, on the second belt, I wouldn't get no changes on any of them and I looked at them all. I believe It should have only been P05, but I looked thru all from page 1 to 8 and nothing changed. Do you know if I order the first part number that you referenced to (is that the sensor?) where in the service manual does it reference on how to changing it?

The last picture is a picture of the optical sensor to show that is clean and paper free.. But it still does not read anything and saying there is a jam. image4.jpg

Thanks for all your help. image1.jpgimage2.jpgimage3.jpgimage5.jpg

the second picture with the second jam is to show that the first four jam codes show towards the same PS200.

Canon C6000 Jam Problem

Before you change anything you have option to use CLEAR option but this is not an option for non trained tech because machine can not print.

Standard procedure:

1. service mode/COPIER > FUNCTION > CLEAR>JAM-HIST (Clearing of jam history)
    2. COPIER > FUNCTION > MISC-P > P-PRINT (Time required Approx. 120 seconds)
    3. COPIER > FUNCTION > CLEAR>DC-CON
    Last edited by zoraldinho; 03-28-2015 at 09:30 PM.
    Practice makes perfect

Canon C6000 Jam Problem

In your case is usually something obvious like piece of paper in connector behind proces unit.
    Practice makes perfect

In your case is usually something obvious like piece of paper in connector behind proces unit.

I dont understand... What do you think is the next step? I have made sure there is nothing around the sensor. I even sent a picture of the sensor that has nothing on, or around it.

What do you suggest I do?

I can check again, but again, I have wiped the sensor, blown air,, and inspected everything around it. When you say paper do you mean a particle? like a small very tiny Piece? I have cleared and looked around everything and there seems to be no piece of paper nowhere.

Zoraldinho,

You could have not been more right! you are awesome and thanks for all your help!

Im a little surprised you didn't catch it in the picture (maybe the picture wasn't clear enough), but you hit it right in the nail. There was something blocking the sensor. THE BELT HAD SHIFTED!!!!!!!!!!!!! what I was looking and cleaning and blowing air at the entire time was not the sensor.... It was a screw!!!!!!! The sensor was hidden under the belt that had shifted and since thats the part that goes between the two machines I hadn't noticed it... I shifted the belt back in place and its working like it should. Jam cleared up and its printing just like it should!

Thanks so much.

All the best,