Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    canon ir c 5185 /4080  vs  advanced ir c 5045

canon ir c 5185 /4080 vs advanced ir c 5045

We are planning on fazing out our 5185/4080 copiers from our rental fleet and considering switching to the Advanced 5045 series. We do not have much experience with thee advanced 5045 series and would like to know your opinions , can drums be rebuilt can fusers be rebuilt, machine dependability etc. Thanks for replys.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: canon ir c 5185 /4080 vs advanced ir c 5045

Pontiac, The Canon IRA C 5045 machines are good machines when they stay in one place. I am in the same boat as you were about 1.5 yrs ago and wished I had requested info from people as you are doing now. The only thing I have found to be a downside to this line of machines is they MUST BE 100% level (I have steel sheets of metal I put on the floor to keep machine and finsher level, also stop signs or road signs work too) at all times and make sure you have a good surge protector (not the $10 one from staples either). If not the ITB will walk forward or backward on the assembly requiring you to throw a fit trying to find the retrofit kit that was issued to dealers. I will search my Hard Drive to see if I still have the PDF with affected SN so you can watch for them when purchasing. The other thing I mentioned about the surge protector is these machines seem to be finicky about power. My first few installs did not have the power surge and was in the outlet by itself and I kept getting power failures. I put a tester on the line to find out they were not getting the correct power as there were dips in the power ever once in a while. The techs before me replaced 3 power supplies over a 3 month peroid on a brand new install. After those few hiccups I have not had any issues with them personally. Oh and i must also stress DO NOT USE GENERIC TONER. The answers to your other questions Yes the Drums can be rebuilt but as you know replace the blades as well not just the drum. Yes the fusers can be rebuilt. If you need any help in the Washington DC or Northern VA area PM me.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Pontiac, PM me and I will send you the TP issued in 2012. Can someone explain how to attach a PDF File to a post as all of my controls are greyed out and I am using a dinosaur computer with missing buttons.

I would suggest to go for the iRA 5200 series - they have the improvements of the 5000 series and are very good machines. I agree with JrTech in regards to power and supplies.