Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: What is cheapest A4 paper brand you used for Canon IR105?

Quote Originally Posted by COPIERTEC ASSOCIATES View Post
    I can now realise why you wanted a modification on the IR105,it is because of the constant jams like i said on your latest thread.The major cause of jams on the IR105 is a leaking transfer corona assembly as a result of old corona wires or dirty blocks of the transfer coz paper always jams when you are doing double sided job.Paper tends to enter the drum hence the jam.Ensure that the transfer corona wires are ok and there is current coming from the HVT.
    Take this advice seriously. I have known Copiertec Associates for over a decade and we live in the same city. This guy is well known all over the country as one of the best technicians for repairing the iR105 and other heavy duty copiers! He is actually referred to here as 'consultant'on those machines. I take him seriously.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    What is cheapest A4 paper brand you used for Canon IR105?

Re: What is cheapest A4 paper brand you used for Canon IR105?

Quote Originally Posted by COPIERTEC ASSOCIATES View Post
    I can now realise why you wanted a modification on the IR105,it is because of the constant jams like i said on your latest thread.The major cause of jams on the IR105 is a leaking transfer corona assembly as a result of old corona wires or dirty blocks of the transfer coz paper always jams when you are doing double sided job.Paper tends to enter the drum hence the jam.Ensure that the transfer corona wires are ok and there is current coming from the HVT.
    Thank you very much COPIERTEC for taking time out of your day to answer me.
    Also, thank you for accepting me as I am (enthusiast newbie).
    I will do what you said about corona and let you know the results.

As I did some searching about repairing corona, I found this tutorial,

, is it the same in IR105 or I should refer to service manual?.
    Also, regarding HVT can you refer me to detailed repair, or I should read it in service manual?.

Best regards.