Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 250+ Posts landspeeder's Avatar

Canon IR 8070 copier K1N finisher problem

Was working on a IR8070 copier, replaced the laser, and now the copier goes to a suspend mode when trying to print etc. It sounds like its going to print but just suspends itself. If I seperate the finisher, K1N type, and unplug it from the copier, the copier works perfectly. With the finisher plugged in, there is led's lite up on the main board in the back of the finisher, one is blinking, if I open the finisher door the copier detects that its open. When powereing up the copier the finisher doesnt do a startup routine, motor turns, trays move or maybe its not supposed too...I am not sure of that.

So any one have a idea? Thanks
    You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.... and
    if this was an easy thing to do then everybody would be doing it! But it isn't and they are not!!

Re: Canon IR 8070 copier K1N finisher problem

The first thing I would try would be doing a DC-CON CLR and see if it properly boots up after that. After that maybe try reloading the firmware. Are you getting any error codes?

No error codes at all....just the flashing error light and like I say soon as you unplug the finisher the copier works perfect...can it be a board problem in the finisher and does the finisher have a power up routine when started

thks

Quote Originally Posted by Brian G View Post
    The first thing I would try would be doing a DC-CON CLR and see if it properly boots up after that. After that maybe try reloading the firmware. Are you getting any error codes?
    You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.... and
    if this was an easy thing to do then everybody would be doing it! But it isn't and they are not!!

Yes it could be a finisher controller board problem. Normally when the machine starts up the finisher does "jog" the trays and cycles the rollers.

Thanks...I have ordered that board..updates later..oh by the way if it doesnt work we will have to blame you of coarse

Quote Originally Posted by Brian G View Post
    Yes it could be a finisher controller board problem. Normally when the machine starts up the finisher does "jog" the trays and cycles the rollers.

I'm ok with that...wouldn't be the first time I ordered a board and it didn't fix the problem! Thanks to Canon tech support that is!!!