Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Technician

IRC5185 repear HDD

Hi anyone. I have some problem with system firmware because HDD have bad sectors. I want replace HDD, but i haven't system firmware. current version IRC5185_V3 91.0 with internal UFRII/PCL. Where can i download this firmware (I was tired to look for).
    Can anyone help to me? thanks.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    IRC5185 repear HDD

Re: IRC5185 repear HDD

Quote Originally Posted by gulya View Post
    Hi anyone. I have some problem with system firmware because HDD have bad sectors. I want replace HDD, but i haven't system firmware. current version IRC5185_V3 91.0 with internal UFRII/PCL. Where can i download this firmware (I was tired to look for).
    Can anyone help to me? thanks.

_____
    First try a Defrag_
    Hold down the 1 & 9 keys while turning the main power switch on and let the machine go through a disk defrag (should take about half an hour)
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician

ok i will try. i will write about result later.
    thanks.

Technician

I carried out defragmentation today, but didn't help, the printer continues to hang. I performed operations with a disk (check at all points) and cleaning. I think only replacement of the HDD and the firmware will help. but I don't know where to take the firmware. At us canon center refused to serve the printer "this model is old and we can't to help you" said they to me

IRC5185 repear HDD

I carried out defragmentation today, but didn't help, the printer continues to hang. I performed operations with a disk (check at all points) and cleaning. I think only replacement of the HDD and the firmware will help. but I don't know where to take the firmware. At us canon center refused to serve the printer "this model is old and we can't to help you" said they to me

Canon Authorized Dealerships have no right to make that statement.

if u can> check service mode error log for ant E700>732 ERRORS-------
    also try> disable the Fax interior connection>power on

u have any HDD E602 error codes ????
    have u tried pulling the memory to clean ends> & re seat or try replacing
    also pull boot rom>clean>re seat

what did HD CHECK do ??

CHK-TYPE = COPIER>FUNCTION>SYSTEM>CHK-TYPE
    (Specifies the partitions to be formatted by HD-CLEAR)
    CHK-TYPE = Used to specify partition number when performing HD-CHECK or HD-CLEAR.
    Operation method
    1) Select this item.
    2) Use the numeric keypad to select the desired partition number.
    0: Check and restore all bad sectors on hard disk
    1: Image storage area
    2: General-purpose file storage area
    3: PDL file storage area
    4: Firmware storage area
    - General-purpose files include user-set data, log data, PDL spool data, and management information for image data.
    3) Press the OK key.

HD-CHECK = COPIER>FUNCTION>SYSTEM>HD-CHECK
    (Performs Write Abort repairs for the entire HDD when CHK-TYPE = 0)
    Use it to check the entire HD and perform recovery.
    Operation method
    set '0' to the following: COPIER>FUNCTION>SYSTEM>CHK-TYPE
    1) Select this item.
    2) Press the OK key.

HD-CLEAR = COPIER>FUNCTION>SYSTEM>HD-CLEAR
    (Formats the partitions specified by CHK-TYPE)

Initializes partition specified by CHK-TYPE item.
    - The following must be kept in mind and the user must be properly informed of the fact when using CHECK-TYPE:
    0: entire HDD -> no operation occurs (to initialize, use the SST)
    1: image storage area -> removes image data
    2: general-purpose file area (user settings data, various log data, PDL spool data, image data control information) ->
    initializes files
    3: PDL-related file storage area -> removes font data, requiring re-installation
    4: firmware, address book, filter storage area -> no operation occurs (to initialize, use the SST)
    Operation method
    1) Select this item.
    2) Press the OK key.
    If you perform <HD-CLEAR> after selecting 1 (image storage area) or 3 (PDL file storage area) for the <CHK-TYPE>
    item, the initialization process is performed after the power is turned OFF/ON.
    The initialization process takes about 5 minutes. A progress bar slowly advances to indicate the progress during this time.
    Never turn the power OFF during this time.

Technician

I did all this. sometimes jump out different errors of E602 after check of a disk the mistake passes but then appear. the printer hangs. these are all signs of a disk with bad sectors. I know precisely that I need replacement of a disk, and the firmware isn't present. where to me to download it?

Technician

I restored system. now the problem turned out the printer refused to publish in the status gives out a error #853 and there is no setup of the printer (earlier there was an UFRII and PCL control) and the computer conducts the printer as IRC5185 (before I distinguished as IRC5185_UFRII) on usb and on a network it is identical. what's the matter

IRC5185 repear HDD

I restored system. now the problem turned out the printer refused to publish in the status gives out a error #853 and there is no setup of the printer (earlier there was an UFRII and PCL control) and the computer conducts the printer as IRC5185 (before I distinguished as IRC5185_UFRII) on usb and on a network it is identical. what's the matter

================================================== =====================
    what do u mean restored ??
    Did u save a copy of the UFRII KIT License/LAN information the was registered ??????????????

In order to print using the UFRII/ PCL Printer Kit-N1 or the PS Option-N1, you should receive a LAN number in the kit and MUST register it online using the License Management System. The key must then be entered on the machine in Additional Functions > System Settings > scroll down > License Registration. Press 'Start' on the License Registration screen and then reboot the copier.

To verify the printer kit is installed:

1. Press the Counter Check button, then hit 'Device Configuration'. If the printer kit is installed, it will be displayed here (ex. UFRII/PCL Printer Kit).

OR

Check the LCNS-TR setting under Service Mode Level 2 > Copier > Option. The ST-LXUFR and ST-PCL should be set to '1', if the UFRII/PCL Printer Kit-N1 is installed.
    The ST-PS should be set to '1' only if the PS Option has been installed. If these options are set to '0', it means that the option is not installed.

* Remember that the PS Option-N1 requires the UFRII/ PCL Printer Kit-N1 and the iR 512MB Expansion RAM-C1 (bringing total memory on copier to 1.5 GB).

In order to print via TCP/IP, make sure the RAW and LPD Settings are turned 'On' under Additional Functions, System Settings, Network Settings, TCP/IP Settings. LPD may be set to 'Off' by default.

* Note: The Printer Kit license can be transferred from 1 machine to another, the same way a Universal Send Kit can be transferred. Make sure to have the disable code when calling the TSC to perform the transfer. On the i models (C5180i / C4580i / C4080i), the printer kit is standard and cannot be transferred.

Do u have a imagePass H1 connected ??

#853 code indicates that an incorrect driver is being used.

Cause
    -Using the wrong printer driver.
    -The machine does not have the proper printer kit installed (e.g. UFR, PCL, PS kit(s)).
    -The print job did not print because due to lack of resources on the printer (e.g. memory, HD space, etc).
    -Print spooler on the machine is full.
    -The number of secure print jobs have exceeded the maximum limit that can be reserved at this time.

Remedy
    -Make sure that the printer driver that you’re using is the correct one for the operating system on the computer that you are
    printing from and specific to the printer model that you’re printing to.
    -Check and verify that the correct and the required printer kit is
    Installed (e.g. UFR, PCL, PS kit(s)).
    -Reduce the number of pages to print.
    -Erase unnecessary jobs that are stuck or in reserve.
    -Turn off spooler on the printer, ADDITIONAL FUNCTION > SYSTEM SETTINGS > NETWORK SETTINGS > USER SPOOLER, set this value to OFF.
    -Print out or erase secured print jobs that are stored or waiting to be printed on the machine.
    -Try printing again when other jobs have completed printing.

Technician

I replaced the HDD printer bought used, the external rip isn't present. as to me to learn LAN number I on it don't have anything. PDL-FNC1-000000000, COPIER>DISPLAY>VERSION>GDI-UFR--.-- earlier in PDL-FNC1-00001100111, GDI-UFR I showed the version. Now it isn't present anything. printer kit in this printer is the program or a payment. and as to me to learn LAN number
    ????????

IRC5185 repear HDD

I replaced the HDD printer bought used, the external rip isn't present. as to me to learn LAN number I on it don't have anything. PDL-FNC1-000000000, COPIER>DISPLAY>VERSION>GDI-UFR--.-- earlier in PDL-FNC1-00001100111, GDI-UFR I showed the version. Now it isn't present anything. printer kit in this printer is the program or a payment. and as to me to learn LAN number
    ????????

Go into posted above, Level 2 in service mode,
    Make sure

Check the LCNS-TR setting under Service Mode Level 2 > Copier > Option. The ST-LXUFR and ST-PCL should be set to '1', if the UFRII/PCL Printer Kit-N1 is installed.

Print UFRII KIT is a cost , comes with a License that is registered with Canon online.

It can be transfered to another, but u need to run the transfer program in printer to get transfer #.

Where is the original HDD_?