Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Exclamation Email to Print Direct on IRC 5185

Is there any way that i can send an email to pre-configured POP account on IRC 5185 to receive an email and print automatically.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Email to Print Direct on IRC 5185

Re: Email to Print Direct on IRC 5185

Quote Originally Posted by gorganite View Post
    Is there any way that i can send an email to pre-configured POP account on IRC 5185 to receive an email and print automatically.
    ------------------------------------------
    To be able to use [Checking RX of I-Fax Jobs], you must first set the POP setting in Email/I-Fax under Network Settings in to 'ON' so you can receive documents using POP.

The Canon devices that support Universal Send have the capability to receive I-Faxes (Email) via the POP3 protocol.
    The machine can log into a POP mail account on a POP mail server in order to download and print out all of the I-Fax emails in that account's inbox.

You configure how often the machine will log into the POP account to download email--

You can configure how often the device will check for mail on the POP server by adjusting the 'POP Interval' setting on the Canon device.

POP Interval:

The POP Interval can be set to a value of 1 to 99 minutes. For example, when the POP Interval is set to 5, the device will attempt to log into the POP account every 5 minutes to check for Email.

If the POP Interval is set to 0, the machine will never log into the POP account to check for email. This essentially disables the POP receive feature.

To change the POP Interval setting on the Canon device:

1. Press Additional Functions.

2. Select System Settings.

3. Hit Network Settings.

4. Scroll down and select E-mail / I-Fax Settings.

5. Change the Pop Interval value (enter a number from 0 to 99).

6. Hit OK.

7. Reboot the machine.

* The setting can also be changed using the RUI.

**Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Thanks Teckat, it was perfectly configured and i well received the email directly printed on my printer.

Thanks Teckat, it was perfectly configured and i well received the email directly printed on my printer.
    Welcome ,

Hi Teckat,

Can you help me to find a way to connect IRC 4580i over the internet, the is placed on client location.

the purpose of connecting IRC over internet is to check the error online before going to the client.

regards,

Hi Teckat,

Can you help me to find a way to connect IRC 4580i over the internet, the is placed on client location.

the purpose of connecting IRC over internet is to check the error online before going to the client.

regards,
    ================================================== =================================================
    imageWARE Remote-------------------------see pdf
    No costly hardware or software is required.
    imageWARE Remote capability ships standard with all imageRUNNER devices and is simply activated by your Canon Service Provider.

'imageWARE Remote' is a service that collects the page counter, service part counter, alarm, jam, and error code data from Canon devices with the embedded Remote Diagnostic System (eRDS). The eRDS, built into recent eRDS enabled Canon imageRUNNER devices, enables a device to transmit counter and error code data to a Universal Gateway (UGW) database.
    The Dealership can retrieve the data from the UGW via a web portal. This data can be used to enhance the billing work flow or service work flow of a Canon authorized reseller.

eRDS provides the following benefits:

Automatic Meter Reading
    eRDS captures and provides meter data automatically via the network to the UGW, reducing the need for manual collection of meter readings by the customer and reporting them to the dealer for billing purpose.

Enhanced Service Offering
    Automatic Error, Jam, and Alarm Notification can be used to improve dealer's response time.

Usage Statistics, Parts Lifetime and Consumables Management
    As part of the imageWARE Remote Services Monitor feature, providers have access to information on parts usage of their customers' registered imageRUNNER devices. This can be used offer preemptive service to the customer, before consumable and durable parts reach the end of their expected life cycle. In addition, information about toner usage allows the service provider to make suggestion about re-ordering or stock quantities.

imageWARE Remote offers these options:

1. imageWARE Remote Meter Reading - This system communicates the counter information to the UGW database for review by the dealership.

2. imageWARE Remote Service Monitor - This system includes the same service as imageWARE Remote Meter Reading with the addition of transmitting device alarm, jam, and error codes for review by the dealership.

e-RDS must be enabled in service mode and depending on the model of machine, accessing the setting will be different.

Prior to enabling e-RDS, the Network Setting on the Canon device must be properly confirgured with all of the following:
    - IP Address Settings (including the correct IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Gateway Address settings).
    - DNS Server Settings.
    - Proxy Settings (if necessary).
    - SNTP Settings. (can use TIME.NIST.GOV). Some customers such as hospitals, state/local or government agencies may have their own SNTP time servers and may not permit the use of other third party SNTP servers, in those cases ask the IT dept for the correct SNTP server to use within their orginazation.
    For models that use the "Copier" service mode, follow the steps below to enable e-RDS:
    1. Enter Service Mode (press Additional Functions, 2 and 8 simultaneously, then Additional Functions).
    2. Select Copier > Function > Install.
    3. Set eRDS to 1, then press OK.
    Note: The default e-RDS Service Mode settings should not be changed.

Attached Files Attached Files