Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Touronaut

ipf 6400 printer problem

I have a Canon ipf6400 that keeps cleaning and checking nozzle after every single print. Anyone know if there is some setting that needs adjusting?

My problem started with an error code 03130031-2618, so I changed the print head. Before changing the print head I messed around with the settings to clean the old print head. I am not sure if the problem I have is a post problem to the error message or I changed some other setting by mistake before changing the head.

Thanks
    Touronaut

Re: ipf 6400 printer problem

Quote Originally Posted by Touronaut View Post
    I have a Canon ipf6400 that keeps cleaning and checking nozzle after every single print. Anyone know if there is some setting that needs adjusting?

My problem started with an error code 03130031-2618, so I changed the print head. Before changing the print head I messed around with the settings to clean the old print head. I am not sure if the problem I have is a post problem to the error message or I changed some other setting by mistake before changing the head.

Thanks
    Touronaut

Hi Touronaut,

Since you have replaced the printhead, i would recommend you check the Purge Unit because if it is dirty or faulty it will not create proper suction during the cleaning process and does not clean the head, so the process drags out unit you consumables start disappearing one by one.

The second thing i would recommend is the Head Management Sensor as it is what checks that the printhead is firing properly during the cleaning process and nozzle check...

Good luck....
    SAZ911..........