Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    MBM 1307A Folder

MBM 1307A Folder

Hi, All. This is about a 307A, not 1307a. The original reason for the call on this machine was it wouldn't switch from z to half fold. I found the upper fold tray paper stopper was driving past the limit switch into the reg roller area.It would overload the motor, stop, and show a misfeed in reg roller area. If I manually backed the paper stopper fence and reset the misfeed indication, it would work. I disassembled both trays and checked the limit switches (good) and cleaned the chopper disk sensors. After reassembly, It drove the stopper past the limit switch again. I rebooted the unit and tested all folds. It ran hundreds of each fold without a hitch. Fixed? Maybe. Has anyone seen this before? I expect the problem to return, and I need to know where to go from here. Thanks.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: MBM 1307A Folder

I don't work on MBM equipment that often, so take this with a grain of salt, please.
    Still, if the machine is working correctly for a number of different folds you should be good to go.
    For what it is worth, I think there is a photointerupter sensor in each of the folding trays that use encoders to determine how the tray adjusts to different folds. Might not hurt to keep an eye on those. While I haven't seen the sensors actually cause problems, if I have the trays apart to the point I can see them I always direct a good blast of air in their direction.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    MBM 1307A Folder

Re: MBM 1307A Folder

Update: It looks like the main pcb took a dump. Considering the board cost is 1/3 of a new folder, and 7 years old we replaced the unit.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING