Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Jack Perez

Aurora AS1200X paper shredder

We have an Aurora AS1200X paper shredder that runs, but only functions in reverse. It will not shred paper submitted. Is this something that can be handled with some instruction or can you provide a name of a repair facility in midtown Manhattan? Thank you.

Jack Perez
    Jack_Perez@ajg.com

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re:Aurora AS1200X paper shredder

hey jack, i\'m not familiar with the aurora shredders but most have sensors in the middle of throat where you put paper into m/c. locate the senors/eyes and make sure they are clean. if that doesn\'t help, you may have a bad on/off switch or a control board problem. at least thats my experience on fellowes shredders.

good luck,
    ray

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re:Aurora AS1200X paper shredder

hey jack, i\'m not familiar with the aurora shredders but most have sensors in the middle of throat where you put paper into m/c. locate the senors/eyes and make sure they are clean. if that doesn\'t help, you may have a bad on/off switch or a control board problem. at least thats my experience on fellowes shredders.

good luck,
    ray

Leslie Vance
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Perez View Post
    We have an Aurora AS1200X paper shredder that runs, but only functions in reverse. It will not shred paper submitted. Is this something that can be handled with some instruction or can you provide a name of a repair facility in midtown Manhattan? Thank you.

Jack Perez
    Jack_Perez@ajg.com

Hello guys!

I understand your problem for that open shredder machine and correct the paper feeding rack correctly it will indicate or otherwise take user manual and check it out yourself if your machine is in validity period call a company to repair it...

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts gregoriojc's Avatar

shredder

check the bin full sensor or micro switch if it is activated ,if not replace controll board because the board detects over load that why it reverse if you can repair the board replace the memory ic , its only one 6 pin memory ic on the board good luck.

gregoriojc

Leslie Vance
    I agree with gregor information for that problem jusyt checkout the ic and plug out and clean after that insert and on the switch ....
    Paper shredding

stars1
    Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Vance View Post
    I agree with gregor information for that problem jusyt checkout the ic and plug out and clean after that insert and on the switch ....
    Paper shredding
    Yeah, agree with you. Or send the paper shredder to local repair shop.