Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Grant

Aurora AS1512X Shredder

Could you recommend an Aurora AS1512X Shredder technician? Ours decided to just stop and I can\'t seem to find the manufacturer\'s website. We are located in San Francisco.

Grant
    gfeichtmeir@wolfgangsvault.com

Me, too

Re:Aurora AS1512X Shredder

http://www.aurora-ltd.co.uk/Default.htm

Ours quit recently, too, however in a more dramatic fashion. The best we can figure, it choked while shredding a CD, tried to reverse, and it was all downhill from there.

Now all of these black, chewed-up plastic pieces have been dropping into the shredded-paper bin.

When you put even a single sheet of paper into it now, it labors like you\'ve stuffed an entire National Geographic magazine into its maw.

Most of the stuff now comes through chewed-up but not shredded.

Extremely disappointing. We intentionally got this heavier duty model (read: forked over much more cash than we really wanted to) for home use, figuring we\'d never come close to giving it the work-out it was designed for, and therefore never have to worry about \"killing\" it. So much for that.

apbattle

Re:Aurora AS1512X Shredder

Unfortunately, Aurora Corp. of America is just getting up and running. They do have a Phone number available, if you go to their website. This particular shredder has a real wimpy cutting assembly. A lot of moving plastic parts in between the blades. They require a lot of lubrication and without it, they can\'t pass the paper shreds and jam causing them to rip out and in to your waste container. Once they\'re gone, paper pieces build up in the cutters and eventually will stall the system. Finding a technician might even be more painful, but the unit is fairly easy to service. I am in the middle of trying to obtain parts for the very same problem. If I find any details, I will post again.

Aaron

Post edited by: apbattle, at: 2006/07/05 08:11

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts TonerMonkey's Avatar

Thumbs up

Maybe it's time to buy a new shredder guys ?

Laurencia Lies
    This is a used Aurora as1200x paper shredder. It worked great up until it jammed and broke one of the teeth on one of the metal gears. The motor, case, and electronics are in great working order. I also have the original box.on site shredding