Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Shredder parts?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Question Shredder parts?

Could anyone be able to suggest a place to get Fellowes shredder parts?
    Thanks

Cameron

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

Re: Shredder parts?

you dont...in the UK, they come with a 2 yr warranty, the customer phones Fellowes & they send a replacement, if its over 2 yrs old, i advise them to bin & try & sell them an Acco/GBC as they are supportable
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

I've been dealing with Barb from Fellowes Canada for a couple years now. Have gotten everything from control boards to gears to cutters from them.

Quote Originally Posted by kingarthur View Post
    you dont...in the UK, they come with a 2 yr warranty, the customer phones Fellowes & they send a replacement, if its over 2 yrs old, i advise them to bin & try & sell them an Acco/GBC as they are supportable

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Funny you should mention that GBC is "supportable"... I just had a nightmare dealing with them trying to get support. A local federal dept. asked us to look at their malfunctioning GBC Crosscut shredder, which ended up having a faulty board. After multiple calls to GBC, I am finally told that the part is not available: not even to GBC in-house techs. Two more weeks of harassing them on the phone and I find someone who can locate the part, but is unable to sell it to me because GBC doesn't have any price associated with it. Another two weeks later, GBC has decided on a price for the board (something like $100), and they finally release the part to me.

I can't, in good conscience, recommend this brand to my customers after this. The whole ordeal left a horrible impression of GBC's support.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

thats probably true...Acco & GBC are now the same company...i do the warranty work for them over here, for shredders i'd recommend Acco, but for binding machines..GBC are the better...but i am lucky that i can get most spares, or if its under warranty & they cant supply the part, they swap it out. one bad thing about the amalgamation, Acco manuals used to be great with so much detail, now they've gone they way of GBC and all you have now is a parts list & no diagram.
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...