Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Fujitsu fi 6130 scanner

A customer is using a fi 6130 scanner and until recently has been very satisfied with the image quality. As of 07-21-14 the images she is getting off the scanner are blurred and distorted, almost unreadable. We cleaned the scan glass, rollers, and sensors with no difference. The internet does not help much and I would really like to help set this right. Any reasonable suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: Fujitsu fi 6130 scanner

Quote Originally Posted by jrob416 View Post
    A customer is using a fi 6130 scanner and until recently has been very satisfied with the image quality. As of 07-21-14 the images she is getting off the scanner are blurred and distorted, almost unreadable. We cleaned the scan glass, rollers, and sensors with no difference. The internet does not help much and I would really like to help set this right. Any reasonable suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    I am not familiar with that machine, so take this with a grain of salt, please.
    Still, here are a couple of general purpose suggestions you may wish to consider.
    First of all, most modern scanner glass that I've encountered has a coating that reduces friction and static build up. If that has gotten worn down, it might be impeding the transport of the documents through the scanning area and you might need to replace the glass. Or you might try treating the clean glass with a product that can imitate the coating.
    Also, depending on the total amount of scans done you might want to closely check the guides around the scanning area for wear.
    Finally, if that machine uses a CCD rather than a contact scanner, the CCD or it's support circuitry might be defective. I've only seen that on a couple of the MFDs that I work on, but those machines had some really bizarre looking output when copying or scanning.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Fujitsu fi 6130 scanner

Re: Fujitsu fi 6130 scanner

That scanner uses "contact image sensors" I believe. If so, does Fujitsu have an approved calibration doc to recalibrate them? If the glass can be removed, trying cleaning both sides.