Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Question DR9080C Cannon scanner-grey line on scans

After doing several hundred scans a grey line appears, and the more I do the darker the line gets, shut off scanner at the end of the day, start it up the next day and the line does not show up until several hundred have been scanned it comes back light grey and gets darker, any body have any ideas? I think it might be the scan head, also don't have any manuals, service or parts, anybody know where I can get them. Any help is appreciated

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: DR9080C Cannon scanner-grey line on scans

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpo View Post
    After doing several hundred scans a grey line appears, and the more I do the darker the line gets, shut off scanner at the end of the day, start it up the next day and the line does not show up until several hundred have been scanned it comes back light grey and gets darker, any body have any ideas? I think it might be the scan head, also don't have any manuals, service or parts, anybody know where I can get them. Any help is appreciated

clean the lens cover. clean the white strip on the back of the lens cover. or you have a bad reading unit. check the connections as well.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: DR9080C Cannon scanner-grey line on scans

Sounds like the scanning unit to me. You didn't say if it was the front or back side. This machine has 2 scanning units and the bottom one is bad for getting dust buildup under the glass. Also, look for scratches in the glass of the scan units. They can pick up dust and fill in the scratch causing lines. If you need parts and service manuals for this unit I do have those.