Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician
    ws2012R2  Bizhub C450, computers unable to find Bizhub  after network upgrade

ws2012R2 Bizhub C450, computers unable to find Bizhub after network upgrade

Bizhub C450, (no fiery connected) computers unable to find printer after network upgrade (ws2012R2)
    Even searching using IP and MAC addresses.
    Even connecting directly to a win 7 computer acts like it is finding but print test fails
    Ping IP, no connection.
    NIC lights blink, I replaced network cable no help
    We had also upgraded the wireless router, so removed, reinstalled old router, no help
    Computers can print to other printers, can see and open files on server,
    So apparently a setting is wrong in the Bizhub C450.(unless the NIC suddenly failed)
    Another tech (no KM C450experience) had looked at the C450, to evaluate,
    to see if he would be any help to re-deploy the network
    I do not believe he changed anything, but may have without being aware he did.
    I haven't been able to figure out the change, what is turned off/on that should be
    so probably need to re-start setup. Any pointers would be wonderful

Old system, was Win Server 2008R2 sp1 using workgroups (re-connected but still no connection).
    6 workstations, I-pad, 3 laptops all setup to allow direct printing
    the NEW win server 2012R2 almost requires that you use a domain.
    We started to set up domain, but when printer would not connect, we decided to go back to a workgroup
    so we removed the domain and set up using a workgroup similar to prior server.
    was connecting and printing prior to server upgrade, was not connecting before or after domain removal

Has Anyone set up a bizhub C450 or similar on a Win Server 2012R2 network?
    or have a cheat sheet on what settings should be on the Bizhub c450 admin panel to confirm settings/values?
    Or a quick, step by step, setup guide or tree to connect C450 to router or server.

Technician
    ws2012R2  Bizhub C450, computers unable to find Bizhub  after network upgrade

Re: ws2012R2 Bizhub C450, computers unable to find Bizhub after network upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by AJ058 View Post
    Bizhub C450, (no fiery connected) computers unable to find printer after network upgrade (ws2012R2)
    Even searching using IP and MAC addresses.
    Even connecting directly to a win 7 computer acts like it is finding but print test fails
    Ping IP, no connection.
    NIC lights blink, I replaced network cable no help
    We had also upgraded the wireless router, so removed, reinstalled old router, no help
    Computers can print to other printers, can see and open files on server,
    So apparently a setting is wrong in the Bizhub C450.(unless the NIC suddenly failed)
    Another tech (no KM C450experience) had looked at the C450, to evaluate,
    to see if he would be any help to re-deploy the network
    I do not believe he changed anything, but may have without being aware he did.
    I haven't been able to figure out the change, what is turned off/on that should be
    so probably need to re-start setup. Any pointers would be wonderful

Old system, was Win Server 2008R2 sp1 using workgroups (re-connected but still no connection).
    6 workstations, I-pad, 3 laptops all setup to allow direct printing
    the NEW win server 2012R2 almost requires that you use a domain.
    We started to set up domain, but when printer would not connect, we decided to go back to a workgroup
    so we removed the domain and set up using a workgroup similar to prior server.
    was connecting and printing prior to server upgrade, was not connecting before or after domain removal

Has Anyone set up a bizhub C450 or similar on a Win Server 2012R2 network?
    or have a cheat sheet on what settings should be on the Bizhub c450 admin panel to confirm settings/values?
    Or a quick, step by step, setup guide or tree to connect C450 to router or server.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

I did figure out the problem--s.
    Somehow the tech I believe defaulted the C450 back to factory settings as two things were changed. Like I suspected, the problem was with the printer setup.

1.Printer was looking for the fiery, which it came with, but had been disconnected.
    2. and the IP was changed to 192.168.0.*** rather than 192.168.1.*** which I did not notice being so close,
    the prior may have been the fiery IP setting causing it did not ping the IP. as soon as I changed back, all computers can now print.

Hope this helps someone else.