Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Windows 10

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: Windows 10

According to this, it looks like updates to Windows 10 will be almost always mandatory:
    Windows 10 Home Updates To Be Automatic and Mandatory - Slashdot
    For what it is worth.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CanonSco View Post
    I ran 10 for some months on 2 of my test boxes at home. These are just used as media boxes though. Although they are on my domain and run various apps / processes 24/7. Had them scanning to Canon IRADV5030 test mc.

Not one issue. Both are back on 8.1 but will switching to 10 when it is released.

On a side note , I would be happier if you could download the iso rather than 1 click in place upgrade. I always prefer to do a fresh install.

I imagine there will be at the least a flood of user issue calls when clients switch over.
    With 10 you can do a factory reset to get a clean install just like you would a smart phone. There is also an additional option that resets but does not delete your documents.

Of course ISO/Disc will always be needed in the cases where the factory image on the HDD is corrupted or faulty.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Had my first work related windows 10 experience. Old copier Bizhub 362 that needed a print driver for a new computer that was running win10. Windows 7/8 driver available which worked great.

Quote Originally Posted by wseyller View Post
    Had my first work related windows 10 experience. Old copier Bizhub 362 that needed a print driver for a new computer that was running win10. Windows 7/8 driver available which worked great.

It seems like "every other" --read: alternate versions of windows OS are "good" versions...much like vista was a beta/plumbing fix before windows 7 was introduced.

I am always leery of being a first adopter of ANYTHING microsoft!--so far, windows 7 x64 pro is working just fine for me!

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by qbert69 View Post
    I am always leery of being a first adopter of ANYTHING microsoft!--so far, windows 7 x64 pro is working just fine for me!

I am on WIndows 7 Home Premium I86. The first thing that I wanted to know about Windows 10 was whether I could roll back to Windows 7 if I did not like 10

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I am on WIndows 7 Home Premium I86. The first thing that I wanted to know about Windows 10 was whether I could roll back to Windows 7 if I did not like 10
    So long as you do an in-place upgrade, which is what Microsoft is offering, you will have the ability to roll back to your old install. Having been using Windows 10 as my only OS for the last three weeks, it's proven to be very stable, though there is a slight learning curve for where Microsoft as put some things, but it's nothing like the jarring change of Windows 8.

I'm looking forward to Windows 10 getting pushed at this point. OEM hardware drivers from Windows 7 installed without issue, as well as print drivers from a Server 2008R2 print server. Software: going back to my old Creative Suite 3, which Microsoft says isn't compatible with Windows 8, I've had no issues or loss in functionality, nor have I needed compatibility mode.

With Windows 10 you really don't need to know where anything is. That search bar on that taskbar is amazing. You can find any setting or application easily. It will give results for web, windows store, settings and other things. Now I just hit the windows key which turn cursor focus to the search bar and I start typing. It is quicker/easier than manually digging thru the menus to open what you need.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Windows 10

If you have customers with Fiery servers, check if they have gotten the warning from EFI concerning upgrading to Windows 10.
    Windows 10

Man About Town 250+ Posts CanonSco's Avatar

Did the upgrade on 2 of my home machines today.

1 an in place upgrade , albeit forced via the MediaCreateTool rather than via WindowsUpdate. And 1 a fresh install via the ISO.

Both no dramas.

Runs better than the tech preview as well seeming slightly quicker than WIN8.1

I am now away to stick it on one of my PI 2's.
    Yes, I am a nerd.
    Gaming PC - check. Raspberry Pi - Check. Custom ROM on phone - check. Thick glasses - check.