Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Re: Windows Server 2012R2 Print sever -"Offline - Printing" Issue

Some of those ports are added by software..Equitrac adds an "EQ" port, PSES adds its own port. But, in my experience, standard TCP/IP port has always been a choice along with the other ports. I'm sticking with SNMP, as this is the protocol that gives the printer its ONLINE/OFFLINE Status... This protocol uses UDP port 161, have you looked to see if you are blocking it? Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Windows Server 2012R2 Print sever -"Offline - Printing" Issue

Quote Originally Posted by bumpcity76 View Post
    Still, I don't think problem I'm having is related to driver installation method. It may be an SNMP issue, maybe standard vs SC2 ports. Anyone have more insight on the differences between standard and SC2 ports?
    Attachment 29816
    Here's the start of the add printer dialog on Server 2012r2. In the past, I would select standard TCP/IP port, but the default option is the bottom option. You can choose between local port and SC2 TCP/IP. It's almost like you're 'steered' to that option. Regardless, what's the difference between SC2 and standard? From what I see, there is no obvious SNMP options like there are with the standard port (such as unchecking SNMP Enabled under port settings). I'm wondering if my problem isn't an SNMP issue, related to SC2 ports.
    I have only seen SC2 port for Sharp MFP/Printer , SC2 is a proprietary Sharp TCP printer port, snmp is turned off in the Sharp copiers web page. But usually I just delete the port and add a standard tcp/ip port or reload the print driver using standard port.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by faxman28 View Post
    I have only seen SC2 port for Sharp MFP/Printer , SC2 is a proprietary Sharp TCP printer port, snmp is turned off in the Sharp copiers web page. But usually I just delete the port and add a standard tcp/ip port or reload the print driver using standard port.
    Same here; along with disabling WSD.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bronco31 View Post
    this i didnt know...(i never do use AutoDetect)

Also.. is this issue because when we use the print drivers "setup.exe" to load it .. that it then installs SNMP stuff.. like a Kyocera Print Monitor little applet running in the background?

shd we always/best practice to use the Windows/Browse for the .inf file way of installing printers?
    I like to download to the latest driver from Ricoh. Do not however download the PCL driver for universal print as it can tend to be slow.

Well, I created a new standard port for one of my more troublesome copiers, and deleted the sc2 port. Luckily, swapping ports doesn't break the share. We'll see how that goes.

None of our copiers are using universal print drivers, I used the latest manufacturer\model specific PCL 6 drivers.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bumpcity76 View Post
    Well, I created a new standard port for one of my more troublesome copiers, and deleted the sc2 port. Luckily, swapping ports doesn't break the share. We'll see how that goes.

None of our copiers are using universal print drivers, I used the latest manufacturer\model specific PCL 6 drivers.

How did this workout for you? It's nice to get the feedback when problems are fixed.