Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Help Toshiba e232 network settings - scan to email

SOLVED! Thanks to all who made suggestions, as each one was a piece of the puzzle. Using TopAccess I was able to make the incremental changes at each suggestion. It seems that sometimes the new settings were not saved properly, even though I was pretty sure I had entered them correctly.
    The solution used my existing port settings (465), but the key was to disable the SMTP Server and POP. I had thought for sure I had entered the Login name correctly, but when I went back it had been truncated. Once I corrected it per emujo, everything worked great (as both FAX to email & Scan to email).

Again we really appreciate the help.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Just remember me when you want to upgrade to a KM product...LOL Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

grovalmitch

Quote Originally Posted by faxman28 View Post
    [1C71] SMTP authentication ERROR

Check that SMTP authentication method, login name and password are correct, then perform authentication again.

so it looks like your getting the same message for internet fax and scan to email.you are getting to the gmail server now, As emujo stated you just need to get the right user name and password for that email account or setup a new account in gmail..

This is a older mfp: win 2000 and xp vintage and may not work with the updated security requirements of gmail , I don't think gmail was around yet.

It is because Google blocks sign-in attempts from apps which do not use modern security standards (mentioned on their support page). You can however, turn on/off this safety feature by going to the link below:
    Go to this link and select Turn On

https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps

More on...smtp mail