Technician

SMB Scanning on Yosemite 10.10 from a Ricoh MPC-305sp

Hi Guys and Girls

Can anyone offer assistance or a guide on how to setup scanning to Yosemite from a Ricoh MPC-305sp, the customers Mac was working fine with 10.9 and after the change to.10 it no longer works. I understand SMB may have been disabled is their a fix/workaround rather than installing as FTP agent?

Thanks in advance.

Duroo
    A+,Network+,Pdi+,Cdia+,MCSE,Konica Minolta Outward Associate

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: SMB Scanning on Yosemite 10.10 from a Ricoh MPC-305sp

Quote Originally Posted by duroo72 View Post
    Hi Guys and Girls

Can anyone offer assistance or a guide on how to setup scanning to Yosemite from a Ricoh MPC-305sp, the customers Mac was working fine with 10.9 and after the change to.10 it no longer works. I understand SMB may have been disabled is their a fix/workaround rather than installing as FTP agent?

Thanks in advance.

Duroo
    You better charge the customer for fixing it!...OS X 10.9 to 10.10 is an OS iteration upgrade so you sure as hell better charge them!...they f'ed it up and you're having to "fix it"!

Anyway, do a search for previous threads....some of which I have posted on how to "fix" the SMB scan to folder issue by reverting back to SMB V1 via terminal commands.

Also, check to see if Ricoh has an frimwar updates to "fix" this issue.

and hey!...with a sig like yours, you should be able to figure this out!

PS--this should help you out!:

Cammodude's Blog: OS X 10.9 Mavericks Workaround for SMB

PPS--I read to the end of the above blog and some said the fix for OS X 10.10 Yosemite did not work...I personally would still try it just to see! If it doesn't work, you could set up a NAS or a Windows 7 Machine to scan to since I know that will work.
    Last edited by qbert69; 07-27-2015 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Added info...

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    SMB Scanning on Yosemite 10.10 from a Ricoh MPC-305sp

go to system preferences, sharing, make sure windows sharing is turned on and the correct shared folder is there. I went from maverick, 10.9.5 to Yosemite 10.10.4, and haven't lost smb scanning to sharp mfps. Check the path entered on the ricoh, and make sure the folder is on the mac in sharing, I have heard of strange things happening when upgrading mac os, Also search on ricoh in the connectivity forums and the copier forums, There are a lot of instances were the ricohs required firmware upgrades for smb scanning on windows and mac. I think the smb starting with maverick went back to a more standard smb and Yosemite is the same smb. Mac changed smb in 10.7(to there own smb) and thats when Sharp MFPs' had issues. Just an fyi it caused other devices like NAS, scanners and the like that used smb.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman28 View Post
    go to system preferences, sharing, make sure windows sharing is turned on and the correct shared folder is there. I went from maverick, 10.9.5 to Yosemite 10.10.4, and haven't lost smb scanning to sharp mfps. Check the path entered on the ricoh, and make sure the folder is on the mac in sharing, I have heard of strange things happening when upgrading mac os, Also search on ricoh in the connectivity forums and the copier forums, There are a lot of instances were the ricohs required firmware upgrades for smb scanning on windows and mac. I think the smb starting with maverick went back to a more standard smb and Yosemite is the same smb. Mac changed smb in 10.7(to there own smb) and thats when Sharp MFPs' had issues. Just an fyi it caused other devices like NAS, scanners and the like that used smb.
    Also, when I set-up a share, I had to put the share on the desktop for it to work correctly....I initially set it at the "root" but it did not function or connect properly...but placed on the desktop, it did!....go figure!

Technician

Cheers Guys really appreciate all your replys - I'll have a multi pronged attack and let you know what works for me!

Man About Town 250+ Posts CanonSco's Avatar

I only deal with Canon and Xerox, but any issues with SMB / MAC 10.10.x and I personally ditch SMB and use FTP.
    I have far less head aches with it.
    Yes, I am a nerd.
    Gaming PC - check. Raspberry Pi - Check. Custom ROM on phone - check. Thick glasses - check.

Technician

Hi Guys all fixed now a little fiddly but it works!! (see attached Ricoh document)

A little knowledge of Mac's is required.

Regards

Duroo.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by duroo72 View Post
    Hi Guys all fixed now a little fiddly but it works!! (see attached Ricoh document)

A little knowledge of Mac's is required.

Regards

Duroo.
    How *SOLID* is this fix???...I'm sort of in a tight spot where a customer upgraded from OS X 10.9 to 10.10 and *broke* SMB scan to folder!

Technician

Well it worked for me this morning for exactly the same problem you have - pls remember im not Ricoh!