Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: c451 win prints OK mac only text

Disable the fiery and use the onboard controller it should work?
    Whatever

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    c451 win prints OK mac only text

I have to put my hands up, as I made a mistake along the diagnostics. We swapped machine which I tested before we put it in and whilst machine was on DHCP it picked everything it needed. Printed test page was ok from mac, as soon as larger file was coming i.e. Jpeg (2.MB+) it timed out. :?? Extendind timeout got me to blue light flashing. Since PS expands to rather large amount of data without timeout (1000s) obviously it wouldnt print and essentially error out(32)
    Got another port open put my mac on LAN and put new network cable to different socket and the bastard worked. Just got confused by the fact that I had no issue printing over wifi from windows anything to print and from mac only text or test page.
    Just one thing still baffles me, why in the hell the machine didn't print with direct manual setup i.e. Mac >>> Machine ? Tried 2 cables.
    I will have the machine later in workshop and test it again.

I have for sure learned another lesson to not to trust the obvious. If it works-RE-TEST IT and don't take it for granted!(in my case the windows situation, you would have thought network it can't be)

FYI - It is network over Cisco AP.

Thank you all for contributing. Now I'm going to wear the bag of shame until I test the machine in the office.

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE

Quote Originally Posted by habik View Post
    I have to put my hands up, as I made a mistake along the diagnostics. We swapped machine which I tested before we put it in and whilst machine was on DHCP it picked everything it needed. Printed test page was ok from mac, as soon as larger file was coming i.e. Jpeg (2.MB+) it timed out. :?? Extendind timeout got me to blue light flashing. Since PS expands to rather large amount of data without timeout (1000s) obviously it wouldnt print and essentially error out(32)
    Got another port open put my mac on LAN and put new network cable to different socket and the bastard worked. Just got confused by the fact that I had no issue printing over wifi from windows anything to print and from mac only text or test page.
    Just one thing still baffles me, why in the hell the machine didn't print with direct manual setup i.e. Mac >>> Machine ? Tried 2 cables.
    I will have the machine later in workshop and test it again.

I have for sure learned another lesson to not to trust the obvious. If it works-RE-TEST IT and don't take it for granted!(in my case the windows situation, you would have thought network it can't be)

FYI - It is network over Cisco AP.

Thank you all for contributing. Now I'm going to wear the bag of shame until I test the machine in the office.

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk
    I have experienced where Cisco equipment, especially their network switches exhibit an issue called "link flapping" where if a device can't connect to the network properly, the Cisco device basically shuts down the associated network port!....the fix has been to put a simple and cheap 5 port ethernet switch between the offending mfp or computer and the Cisco network switch!

Don't ask me why or how, but it just works!

Thumbs up Re: c451 win prints OK mac only text

Quote Originally Posted by qbert69 View Post
    I have experienced where Cisco equipment, especially their network switches exhibit an issue called "link flapping" where if a device can't connect to the network properly, the Cisco device basically shuts down the associated network port!....the fix has been to put a simple and cheap 5 port Ethernet switch between the offending mfp or computer and the Cisco network switch!

Thank you for your valuable information QBERT69!!
    Firmwares HERE

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    It looks like it does not like the image. Try a lower resolution for the image.

I tired very low res like screenshots etc and none worked or from the web ..But thanks
    Firmwares HERE

Quote Originally Posted by qbert69 View Post
    I have experienced where Cisco equipment, especially their network switches exhibit an issue called "link flapping" where if a device can't connect to the network properly, the Cisco device basically shuts down the associated network port!....the fix has been to put a simple and cheap 5 port ethernet switch between the offending mfp or computer and the Cisco network switch!

Just to add ..

I did try 100Mbs and half-duplex as well..

I think there is something iffy about the NIC on the previous machine... will come back on this when tested in the workshop.

Cheers
    Firmwares HERE

Quote Originally Posted by habik View Post
    Just to add ..

I did try 100Mbs and half-duplex as well..

I think there is something iffy about the NIC on the previous machine... will come back on this when tested in the workshop.

Cheers
    Machine works in workshop on Mac fine. Direct on LAN and also over wi-fi.

Thanks for your contributions.

PS: Really hard to digest such schoolboy error.
    Firmwares HERE