Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    kyocera FSC8025 MFP

kyocera FSC8025 MFP

FSC-8025 MFP

customer bought this machine and wants to do flyers from the mac program on their mac computer.it prints very slow as in about 30 minutes per A5 page .their IT has checked it all out and this is what he has said.

The problem occurs when printing from Office 2011 for Mac, other stuff prints fine. They have another Mac but it doesn't have office on it, so I can't determine if it's a general Office for Mac issue, or specifically something to do with the computer itself.

as he says printing from any other program is fine its just these flyers that seem to be a problem the fliers are made using power point.
    any ideas

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: kyocera FSC8025 MFP

Hi, I have I think the exact same problem, my customer all use macs and when they print a PowerPoint document from office 11 it prints really really slow, all other documents like PDFs or emails etc all print in seconds. My machine is a Sharp MX2640 so I do think it's a office/Mac issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    kyocera FSC8025 MFP

ok so i have the answer to the mac printing from powerpoint.not i might add from me but i got an IT guru to have a look.with one picture on the screen when you send it to print it does wiered things.
    it changes the picture to a different type of file ie not pdf then it starts to print everything with the same type of file it also changes to a much higher resolution.so in actual fact if you have ten pictures saved in powerpoint for mac it will start to print them all wether you want them or not .we printed the same picture on the screen and after 10 minutes cancelled the print job.when it was cancelled it still printed a picture .after doing this 4 times it printed a different picture each time so somehow it was layering the pictures and printing the lot.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

So what's the answer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Printing is weird on a Mac!

I know!....I have an older Mac that uses the G5 CPU instead of the newer Intel and the slow/non-printing happens for me too!

I have found, that if you do a "print to PDF" with Apple's "Preview" then you can open the PDF and "should" be able to easily print from that!

-or-

If you have a "print preview" function in the application, use that to preview and print--should work.

Also, try installing the printer either as LPD with IP address or use the hostname--Kyocera recommends hostname, since if you are in a DHCP environment, the IP address "MAY" change!...I have had instances that with the IP address, it would print slowly or not at all, but if it was Hostname, it worked just fine--this was with a Ricoh printer though!

You can also try to see if the printer will be recognized with Apple's Bonjour setup--I had one instance where the Bonjour printout looked better than the IP address test page!--you can only do a test page if you go to Safari and type in "localhost:631" in the URL space--if not enabled, it will tell you to do so in the terminal program. Once enabled, you can test print and see the print logs in CUPS GUI in Safari.

Good Luck!