Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Re: I.T.& Hardware Techno Magazines

Quote Originally Posted by subaro View Post
    TWIT.tv is a real packed site with tons of human interface, videos ect. I can see myself spending a lot of time there. But i have to resist and know that it's the plot of the enemy to keep you everywhere else except his word. This can easily rob you of your family quality time as the amount of info that you want to listen to and watch. It's like some guys, just cannot put down the remote when they sit at couch. I took the bull by he horn about 12yrs and cut the cable. Now free from commercials and the idiot box. cheers.
    And be not conformed to this world: but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of
    I never really liked the idiot box(television) as a kid and I certainly have less time for it now. I do watch a rare Doco or finals sports events now and again. I found the PC became a similar problem as the TV while my family where growing up, so I moved my work desk and PC out into the lounge room so I could enjoy( or be annouyed) with family time together. So now my adult boys have a similar problem as their old man, they spend their time in front of their own PC....

The wife an I are empty nesters and we spend most of our time together along with our grandaughter, so now I've moved my work bench lap top out of the workshop an put it permantly on the kitchen table. I can now work away while talking to the missus. Bless her little heart she has to put up with me at times swearing at the PC problems I encounter each day.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    I found this link to network world. Welcome to Network World.com

A quick glance the site looks like it's up with the latest info...
    So far the Network World magazine looks okay. I've been lying in bed reading it half the morning.
    I luv a lazy Sunday....
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Sort of a I.T. news aggregator, but still interesting!:

The Register: Sci/Tech News for the World

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    I.T.& Hardware Techno Magazines

Quote Originally Posted by subaro View Post
    TWIT.tv is a real packed site with tons of human interface, videos ect. I can see myself spending a lot of time there. But i have to resist and know that it's the plot of the enemy to keep you everywhere else except his word. This can easily rob you of your family quality time as the amount of info that you want to listen to and watch. It's like some guys, just cannot put down the remote when they sit at couch. I took the bull by he horn about 12yrs and cut the cable. Now free from commercials and the idiot box. cheers.
    And be not conformed to this world: but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of
    Since I put the box and net online shes getting cramps in her fingers... bad back..lack of sleep..disaster ..well I am not falling far behind
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JR2ALTA View Post
    TWIT.tv

TWIT (This Week in Tech) is outstanding collection of weekly podcasts. You can subscribe via any podcast app or watch the videos online.

The TWIT network is run by Leo LaPorte. My favorite podcasts are Windows Weekly, Security Now, The Tech Guy and Mac Break Weekly.

They also have shows on Ham Radio, Coding, Google, Enterprise software and more.

VERY entertaining and informative.
    Twit is great stuff.. Takes me back to the Tech TV era, which Leo LaPorte was a big part of that network back then. G4TV bought them out and basically killed the whole network sometime around 2005. There are sooo many ways now to stay informed and entertained on the world of tech now adays that a dedicated cableTV channel seems antiquated.