ricoh MPc3502 wireless

I have a customer wanting to connect his MPc3502. This office uses MACs and currently connect wireless directly to a brother desktop without going through a router. My question is, Can I do th e same with the Ricoh? Do I need the wireless Type J option or the Bluetooth option (or something else) to print directly to the ricoh from the MACS?
    Thanks

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    ricoh MPc3502 wireless

Re: ricoh MPc3502 wireless

Wireless Type J option does require that something, wireless router or computer, provides SSID in order for it to connect. If one of their computers is providing SSID, you might want to use a Netgear WNCE2001 universal WIFI adapter or something similar. The WNCE2001 has one CAT5 jack but can be connected to a 5 port switch to connect up to four devices. A lot less expensive and easier to setup.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

The fact that is is a Mac network is immaterial. PCs would behave the same way.

Steer clear of the Ricoh wireless cards. Unless you have at least 80% signal strength, at all times, their performance is marginal at best.

If you have @Remote installed on the machine, and are using it to generate service calls, you will get notified every time there is a hiccup, even when there is nothing actually wrong.

To top it off, they're expensive. NOT worth it.

Do as SlimSlob said, and use some sort of conversion from wireless to wired.

Both you and the customer will be much happier, all at a fraction of the cost.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    ricoh MPc3502 wireless

The netgear cards slimslob references do work quite well........... I even use one in my soho.....................
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

A BIG THUMBS UP TO A NETGEAR WIRELESS RANGE EXTENDER!!!

I picked one up for around $40 USD which extends the wireless range PLUS gives you 5 additional ethernet ports!!!

I think the model number was WN2000RPT or such!

As stated previously, Ricoh will rip you off on price, functionality, and configurability--NOT WORTH IT!!

Get it on newegg.com or e-bay and you should get a pretty good deal!

GOOD LUCK!!!

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qbert69 View Post
    A BIG THUMBS UP TO A NETGEAR WIRELESS RANGE EXTENDER!!!

I picked one up for around $40 USD which extends the wireless range PLUS gives you 5 additional ethernet ports!!!

I think the model number was WN2000RPT or such!

As stated previously, Ricoh will rip you off on price, functionality, and configurability--NOT WORTH IT!!

Get it on newegg.com or e-bay and you should get a pretty good deal!

GOOD LUCK!!!

That is the exact model I have at home.

I run 3 PCs, 2 iPads, and an Android phone through it, plus my Brother laser printer. Everything works as it should, including printing from the PCs, iPads, and phone.

I think it took me longer to take it out of the box and plug in that it did to set it up.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins