Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Konica C200 SMB issue windows 7

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me. I've got a customer that has a C200 that uses the scan to folder facility (SMB). Scans locally to a windows 7 laptop.

Both are plugged into the customers router. It was working fine up until about 2 months ago. It just hangs and then 15 minutes - 1 hour later it appears in the shared folder.

The copier is on the latest firmware (obvs its quite an out dated model now) but I have loaded on the latest available from Konica.

I suggested it was the customers network that was the issue so I took in a laptop, also running windows 7 and attempted a straight cross-over connection - It did exactly the same thing to my my laptop so that really rules out the customer IT setup and hardware.

Has anyone ever encountered this? I've run out of solutions - It is a small shop that offers a copying and scanning service so there is no server or other PC to scan to. There is no network drive either to scan to.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated
    Last edited by KalEl; 10-29-2015 at 05:19 PM. Reason: lack of title description.

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar

Re: Konica C200 SMB issue windows 7

c200 = smb v1
    win7 = smb v2

that I believe is the issue.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Konica C200 SMB issue windows 7

Re: Konica C200 SMB issue windows 7

Network latency. I have seen something similar with Ricoh. School district with multiple MFP and an extended LAN with different subnet for each school location. Subnet mask 255.255.0.0. All scanning is done to a common server, Server 2008R2 or Server2012. When someone scans a document, the memory percentage indicates that the file was sent. IT will try to pull it up on the user's computer and it is not there for 15 to 30 minutes. If, however, he uses Remote Desk Top to login to the server, the file is there. I found that if you open the shared folder, went up or down one folder level in the same window then back to the original folder, the file was there.