Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technician

Re: MPc2000 SMB scanning to windows 10

Unfortunately they refused to send me the file. May I ask for your help in this case?

Quote Originally Posted by dzewo View Post
    Unfortunately they refused to send me the file. May I ask for your help in this case?
    Just set up scan to FTP with FileZilla, only takes a few minutes to install, and will work with future updates. Also, you do not need to setup any new users within Windows, or add passwords to existing users, unlike SMB.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

WARNING!!!...LONG RAMBLE RANT!!!
    ---
    Ric*h is a f*cking pain in the a$$!....I beat around the mulberry bush for half a day trying to get an answer regarding Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan and SMB/CIFS and couldn't get it working!

These f*ckers--apple, microsoft, ricoh...need to make a "working group" so everybody can get on the *same page* of standardization regarding SMB!!!

Kyocera, on the other hand is SMART!....they have a piece of HyPas software called PinPoint Scan. Works for Apple and Windoze...slick!....And PinPoint Scan is not beholden to the operating system protocol per se!

If you don't know what I am talking about, go look it up!

The *ONLY* time I had PinPoint scan *fail* was when AVG antivirus was running concurrently...It "trashed" some dll files since it saw PinPoint scan as an "intrusive" threat. Once I discovered that, I just made an exception in AVG....worked fine ever after!

Ricoh is the sinking Titanic, based on what I have experienced, I really can't recommend them to a customer!

What really *sucks*, is that the business that I work for likes to sell "off lease" Ricoh machines, which by the time we get them already have age on them and are about 3-5 years old!...when something goes to sh!t with connectivity/interoperability with newer operating systems, the tech gets the *evil eye*!....well, why doesn't it work?!....ummm....Ricoh hasn't released firmware to *fix* the problem!!...DUH!

Sorry for the long ramble rant!

PS--People need to *dump* microsoft and apple and move to Ubuntu/Linux!...I heard from a little *birdie* that some major corporations such as AT&T are moving to Ubuntu Linux for the IoT (Internet of Things)!:

AT&T chooses Ubuntu Linux instead of Microsoft Windows

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MPc2000 SMB scanning to windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by qbert69 View Post
    Kyocera, on the other hand is SMART!....they have a piece of HyPas software called PinPoint Scan. Works for Apple and Windoze...slick!....And PinPoint Scan is not beholden to the operating system protocol per se!
    So does Kyocera publish firmware updates to take care of Microsoft's screw up or do they just have you install this software? Many major corporations do not allow vendors to install software on their networks. What do you do then?

As for Apple, there is a thread that identified what it is that Apple stopped installing by default with OS X and how to correct it, either by manually installing what is required for SMB to work, or if the customer agrees, by installing a software that emulates it.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by ruben View Post
    Just set up scan to FTP with FileZilla, only takes a few minutes to install, and will work with future updates. Also, you do not need to setup any new users within Windows, or add passwords to existing users, unlike SMB.
    That's exactly what I do (ISS on Windows) but from time to time, certain clients just insinst on SMB. I do understand that the machine is quite old but on the other hand is relatively cheap when it comes to maintenance so we lease it whenever there is such an opportunity. So if anyone would be kind enough to share with me the firmware (I can pay for it), I'd be extremely grateful.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    MPc2000 SMB scanning to windows 10

Here's the file, I found it on an old USB drive I had, not needed it for many years!

Hope it helps someone out!

https://mega.nz/#!ENEw1RAB!pp5XN0kpG...k5F9q_MG3hv_V0

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Any passwords changes?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    So does Kyocera publish firmware updates to take care of Microsoft's screw up or do they just have you install this software? Many major corporations do not allow vendors to install software on their networks. What do you do then?

As for Apple, there is a thread that identified what it is that Apple stopped installing by default with OS X and how to correct it, either by manually installing what is required for SMB to work, or if the customer agrees, by installing a software that emulates it.
    The "fix" for Apple is the Program SMBUp...but it doesn't work with El Capitan....already tried it!

IMO, Kyocera/Mita/Copystar seems to do a better job at firmware updates than Ricoh!...The firmware update would be for SMB Function.

The "Added Value" for Kyocera is the fact that they have a *dedicated* HyPas program (PinPoint Scan) for scanning directly to a computer for a specific user based on a PIN Code. The *only* time I've seen this software break was when AVG antivirus was running concurrently. When the attach scanned document to e-mail function was invoked, AVG saw it as a *threat* and trashed some DLL files that the program used to function.

Kx2000

Post Re: MPc2000 SMB scanning to windows 10

Near 1 year later... i've downloaded the firmware on mega to upgrade SMB on an Afficio MP C2000 today...

The web interface of the MP refuse the file "this URL is not correctly configurate"

Any procedure to flash ?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kx2000 View Post
    Near 1 year later... i've downloaded the firmware on mega to upgrade SMB on an Afficio MP C2000 today...

The web interface of the MP refuse the file "this URL is not correctly configurate"

Any procedure to flash ?

Thanks.
    This firmware can only be updated via SD card.

Remote firmware, is almost the same, except with additional header bytes.