Trusted Tech 50+ Posts captainrva's Avatar

Bizhub FTP Scans are not Shared but SMB Scans Are Shared

Hello,

I have recently noticed on a variety of Bizhub copiers and printers that when you do an FTP scan using the Konica Minolta FTP utility, the scanned files are not visible to other users on the network. When I do SMB scans to same folder, the files are visible to other users. The Scans folder (Parent folder) has permissions for Everyone to Read/Write and Everyone has Security permissions as well with inherited permissions but the FTP scanned file has neither after being scanned. On some windows systems I have noticed a little yellow 'Lock' icon on FTP scanned PDF files but I don't always see that.

I had to leave a few customers with a Batch file to copy and paste the FTP scanned files back into the folder and then everyone can see them.

Any help is appreciated.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Bizhub FTP Scans are not Shared but SMB Scans Are Shared

Re: Bizhub FTP Scans are not Shared but SMB Scans Are Shared

Because of issues I'm not using the KonicaMinolta FTP-Utility any more. Since many years we use Free Quick 'n Easy FTP Lite Quick 'n Easy FTP Server Lite (Download link at the bottom of the page)

Works very good for us and we have around 100 customers using it daily. Set up is very easy and the Server Log makes it easy to diagnose connection problems if they occur.

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

This is an issue with the FTP utility. But if you setup the FTP folder directly on the desktop you won't get the lock or permission issue.

Nowadays I just use the built in IIS to create a FTP server without the need of any additional software and it runs as a service.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Do u use anonymous?
    Whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Hansoon View Post
    Because of issues I'm not using the KonicaMinolta FTP-Utility any more. Since many years we use Free Quick 'n Easy FTP Lite Quick 'n Easy FTP Server Lite (Download link at the bottom of the page)

Works very good for us and we have around 100 customers using it daily. Set up is very easy and the Server Log makes it easy to diagnose connection problems if they occur.

Hans

Thanks Hans. I will test this soon.
    Whatever