Technician

Scan by twain Win 10 Ricoh SP C252SPF

Dear guys,
    i have a customer that makes me crazy, he want to scan by twain but he is running in Windows 10. whatever i do i dont get it to work.

i have been visiting him without succes but also remake his problem at the office by installing a windows 10 machine and a ricoh spc252SPF but i didnt manage to get scan by twain to work.. any ideas would be appreciate.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Re: Scan by twain Win 10 Ricoh SP C252SPF

TWAIN is a dying format outside of a small subset of use cases. I've found it's easier to use WIA as opposed to TWAIN, but it looks like the C252 doesn't support network WIA, only USB.

Can you add the scanner as an additional device from Control Panel>Devices and Printers? Just choose Add Device and see if the OS can find the scanner. The generic Windows driver usually does a pretty good job of scanning. The other option is to try using an application like IrfanView or Photoshop that have their own TWAIN implementation. Keep in mind that the Ricoh TWAIN driver is also 32-bit only so it will only work with 32-bit applications.