Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technician

Re: Airprint and Ricohs

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Enable/Disables the airprint. On some models it might be in factory SP mode.

I am sorry , but what is Factory SP mode ? . I never heard about it at any Ricoh Training . Would you kindly share this information

Re: Airprint and Ricohs

Be advised you may have issues regardless. I have a customer that is running 305's, 306's, 4503, 5503's etc. Over 30 machines with those models and within their environment, they wanted to use iPads to print via Airprint for customers that pull into service bays, as they stand at their window and collect details.

No matter what, we could not get airprint to work on Ricoh / Lanier. We spent an entire week and we checked everything from iOS versions, tore apart Bonjour, Certificates on the device, creating new, security settings, SSL, TLS, LPR, IPP etc. We even brought in the gurus from Ricoh and nobody could figure out the fix. Overall, it was indeed something on their network that was blocking it because if we disconnected device from their network and created our own hotspot it would work perfectly but the minute we hung it back on theirs it would fail. They would not let us run wireshark to look at packets. They swore all the ports we asked them to open were open and we verified that.

Overall, we had no where else to turn, so thought about another device. We rolled in a Kyocera 6535 A4 device, disconnected the device, used the same IP and it started spitting out print jobs from months ago. We could not believe it. We wound up replacing several devices w Kyocera. That was 2 years ago and to this day, the ricohs that are still there are failing. They dont use the remaining for Airprinting, but when I am there I update firmware and test it just for kicks and it still fails which tells me Ricoh's airpint technology on this is a joke, and totally neglected in my opinion.