Support Desk 50+ Posts SlipperyCat's Avatar

Question Setting up SMB to Dropbox on Konica Minolta

I have a Bizhub 363 where the client wants to setup scan to Dropbox. It's an SMB registration but I am unsure of how the path and login user name and password would work.

Is anyone out there familiar with this type of setup?

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Re: Setting up SMB to Dropbox on Konica Minolta

There is also a marketplace app that scans directly to dropbox.

BizHub Marketplace

Newer devices come with the appropriate hardware/firmware so that all that is needed is a 1/2 hour of configuration. Older devices must have extra memory and Web browser I-Option installed. Quite a few useful apps out there for the KM devices. Emujo

I just saw that your were speaking of the 363..This is a supported device, but will need the extra memory, LK 101v2, HDD installed, and special firmware
    GJ2-B5
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Support Desk 50+ Posts SlipperyCat's Avatar

Re: Setting up SMB to Dropbox on Konica Minolta

No, it can be done without the extra stuff, I've seen it...but I can't recall how it was done.

You basically setup scan to SMB, but there's some small manipulation to where the path points. I'll look at the 2nd post links and vids. Thanks.

UPDATE: Figured it out. Ok, so create a folder on C: called "Scans". Go to the Dropbox settings on the app on your PC. Go to Preferences and under account you can move the location to the "Scans" folder path.

Then, when you setup the SMB registration on the Konica you have to share the "Scans" folder of course, then the path would be Scans\Dropbox. You of course have to use the login credentials for that PC.
    Last edited by SlipperyCat; 03-01-2017 at 07:32 PM.