Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

loadlibrary failed with error 193 %1 is not a valid win32 application on windows 10

I installed Autocad 2016 and when I try to run it, " loadlibrary failed with error 193 %1 is not a valid win32 application " error message keeps coming up on the screen . This doesn't let Autocad to run and quits the program automatically. This error came up on laptop that has windows 10, 64 bit OS. But didn't come up on laptop that has 8.1 windows, 64 bit. Can anyone please suggest me the fix ?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    loadlibrary failed with error 193 %1 is not a valid win32 application on windows 10

Re: loadlibrary failed with error 193 %1 is not a valid win32 application on windows

Are you sure you have submitted you request to the correct forum?

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: loadlibrary failed with error 193 %1 is not a valid win32 application on windows

Did you install Autocad 2016 as originally released?

Windows 10 requires SP1.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...oCAD-2016.html

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Did you install Autocad 2016 as originally released?

Windows 10 requires SP1.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...oCAD-2016.html

Hi slimslob,
    Thanks for the suggestion. I installed SP1 but still the same error keeps coming up.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Was the AutoCAD program installed using full administrator rights with "allow use for everyone" as the AutoCAD install option?
    You may not have full user file access rights when running from a restricted user account ?
    You may not be getting access to win/system32 directory which may contain the *.DLL file in question.
    Try running a reg clean program you may not have the correct Registration entry for the AutoCAD program.

As a test.
    You could try right clicking options in the AutoCAD desktop Icon and set the execution privileges to 8.1 compatibility mode.
    Run the program as a test to see if it works.

HTH
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    Was the AutoCAD program installed using full administrator rights with "allow use for everyone" as the AutoCAD install option?
    You may not have full user file access rights when running from a restricted user account ?
    You may not be getting access to win/system32 directory which may contain the *.DLL file in question.
    Try running a reg clean program you may not have the correct Registration entry for the AutoCAD program.

As a test.
    You could try right clicking options in the AutoCAD desktop Icon and set the execution privileges to 8.1 compatibility mode.
    Run the program as a test to see if it works.

HTH
    Hi NeoMatrix,
    It is a standalone computer and I installed autocad as an administrator. I don't have issue installing and running other programs on this computer. I installed autodesk Revit 2017 on it successfully and ran without any error. It is just this Autocad which pops up with " loadlibrary failed with error 193 %1 is not a valid win32 application " error everytime I try to run it. I uninstalled Autocad 2016 and installed Autocad 2018 free trial online but same error message came up . I tried running it in 8.1 compatibility mode as you suggested but no success yet. I even resetted the windows using reset option available under Settings > Recovery menu and installed autocad 16 on fresh restored windows but same error came up. I have installed the same setup file of Autocad 16 on several other laptops and didn't have any issue. It is just this computer with windows 10 pro. Is it something to do with current Windows ? How do I run reg clean program ? Pls suggest.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Biv View Post
    How do I run reg clean program ? Pls suggest.
    Run a program such as Ccleaner (Crap Cleaner) from Piriform. Download only from Piriform as download sites like cnet.com and download.com can piggyback malware. https://www.piriform.com/CCLEANER

You should also completely uninstall using revo uninstaller. https://www.revouninstaller.com/

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

I was leaning towards asking you to change your PC RAM as a test. I felt there
    may have been a problem with AutoCAD large memory allocation and failed RAM.

The problem relates to windows trying to load a 32bit DLL into a 64bit memory space.
    There is software code complier options which allow for different size memory space which
    means re-compiling the entire AutoCAD software; obviously an option you don't have access too.

However,a quick search of the internet software code forums turn up the article below. Try this at your own risk.

--------------- insert -------8<------------
    We have seen some cases where, despite a certified Video card and driver being installed, there were stability issues when enabling hardware acceleration in AutoCAD 2012.
    AutoCAD would then crash with a Heidi Error and/or an Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0048 Exception at e8f8e897h.
    These issues could be resolved by reinstalling the required version of Direct X which can be downloaded from here:
    Document Moved

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autoc...d/td-p/3402905
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    I was leaning towards asking you to change your PC RAM as a test. I felt there
    may have been a problem with AutoCAD large memory allocation and failed RAM.

The problem relates to windows trying to load a 32bit DLL into a 64bit memory space.
    There is software code complier options which allow for different size memory space which
    means re-compiling the entire AutoCAD software; obviously an option you don't have access too.

However,a quick search of the internet software code forums turn up the article below. Try this at your own risk.

--------------- insert -------8<------------
    We have seen some cases where, despite a certified Video card and driver being installed, there were stability issues when enabling hardware acceleration in AutoCAD 2012.
    AutoCAD would then crash with a Heidi Error and/or an Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0048 Exception at e8f8e897h.
    These issues could be resolved by reinstalling the required version of Direct X which can be downloaded from here:
    Document Moved

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autoc...d/td-p/3402905

Hi, I went through the forum you mentioned and it seemed threads were all about some graphics card error. I however installed Direct X as explained in the forum but sadly it didn't fix my problem. I went to C:\ Autodesk\3rdpartyDirectX and ran DXsetup.exe. I even downloaded DirectX from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=19743. But neither of the options worked. When ever i try to run Autocad , it says loading some files at the bottom and all of a sudden drawing1.dwg page opens along with a dialog box that has error message. I am fed up with this problem. Surprisingly, Autocad 16 ran without any error on my another laptop with Windows 10 Pro yesterday evening. Both laptops are Dell inspiron 14 5000 series. I have no idea why autocad would run on one laptop and wouldn't on another when both have same configurations. I am now planning to get a system image from the Dell laptop that worked and install that on another. Will that work ?

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Biv View Post
    I installed Autocad 2016 and when I try to run it, " loadlibrary failed with error 193 %1 is not a valid win32 application " error message keeps coming up on the screen . This doesn't let Autocad to run and quits the program automatically. This error came up on laptop that has windows 10, 64 bit OS. But didn't come up on laptop that has 8.1 windows, 64 bit. Can anyone please suggest me the fix ?
    Not a valid application sounds like a corrupt file or installation. Have you tried downloading the install package again or reinstalling from cd?