Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Support Desk 50+ Posts SlipperyCat's Avatar

Question ~ Web Browser Issues - Konica Minolta ~

Greetings!

Having issues using web browsers accessing the Konica devices, specifically going to Account Track area and trying to view list of user codes. With IE we get an error string of garbage on the screen. With Chrome or Firefox there's no error displayed but the list of user codes is blank. Hitting refresh doesn't help. I've also added in IE for example the IP Address to the "trusted" site list, closed IE, accessed it again and same error. The weird thing is I can click on other areas in the web interface like Network settings, Security, etc...it's only when I try to deal with the Account Track registration list. This happens on multiple Konica machines and other computers, so there is nothing to really put a finger on. One of the Konica units is a C654e for example.

This is only happening with one client. Could it possibly be something on their network causing this? If so, what in the world could it be? Or, if there's a setting on the Konica we could disable as a test, that's a possibility too. Just looking for ideas!

Technician

Lightbulb Re: ~ Web Browser Issues - Konica Minolta ~

I've had weird things like this happen due to Flash in the browsers. I usually try to use the http only. In the earlier series there was an option radio button to click on the first admin login screen. I think the later series has a option in one of the menu's to disable the flash usage for the web interface.

Re: ~ Web Browser Issues - Konica Minolta ~

We tried just about everything. Three different web browsers, numerous settings within them, HTML, Flash, nothing made a bit of difference. (Web browsers don't play nice with Konica devices)

Solution: Data Administrator

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Slippery, what are you trying to accomplish with the web browser I-Option? We normally only take advantage of the I-Option when we are pushing a vendor software, or Bizhub marketplace to a device. I don't know of any customers that try to use the web browser to actually surf the web. Are biggest issues are getting the web browser to communicate back to what ever software we are using. You should be sure to create a new SSL cert (get rid of that factory installed cert), enable all the associated protocols (TCP Socket, Open API, WebDAV, HTTP server) and enable SSL only for the Open API and TCP Socket on the network page. We also disable the certificate verification settings. You can also touch the Web Browser Icon and go into admin settings and drop the security settings down ( ie TLS 1.2 to 1.1 and below). If you have a specific application you are having issues with let us know. Ed

Senior Tech 250+ Posts progoffice's Avatar

If its an older Konica, try adding the IP address of the machine to the "Compatibility View Settings" in Internet Explorer. Some machines won't even display their web interface settings unless you do this. Give it a shot!

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    Slippery, what are you trying to accomplish with the web browser I-Option?....
    No, they were just trying to access the Konica using a web browser, not trying to access the Internet at the Konica itself. No I-Option stuff. And it works, but gives errors when accessing Account Track area only.

And yes, we did add the IP addresses of the Konica machines to the web browser settings where you normally would but none of that really helped either.

We just loaded Data Admin as another solution and it actually is a better way to manage their machines.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Sorry, misread this as a I-option problem. I usually see these issues with older MFPs and newer browsers, and it's normally on MFPs with SSL enabled. A couple of items that might help (assuming SSL is enabled at the device)

On the MFP side, always create your certificate using SHA-256, some devices will need a firmware update and soft switch setting to allow this.

On IE settings/advanced, uncheck the TLS 1.2 and SSL 3.0 boxes
    With Chrome, if the cause is a weak Dillfie-Huffman key, the SHA-256 cert should alleviate this.
    Firefox same as Chrome issues
    On the MFP/SSL Settings, uncheck TLS 1.2 and SSL 3.0

WARNING..these are settings that will degrade your security settings and could open the MFP up to unwanted intrusions. If your customer is concerned with this, then a better solution is to upgrade older devices that are compatible with the latest security technology. There are also some server updates will cause the same symptoms, there are registry keys you can add that allow 128 bit keys to be used. Server 2012R2 recently had an update that completely shut down a fleet of 951s. Emujo

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Woxner's Avatar

i have seen IT guys in places block this. is this a used machine? i dont know why everyone has browser issues. guess im lucky because i never have them. the only time i have seen them not work if IT blocks users. many many years ago on old dogs the firmware fixed this. i also never use internet exploder it sucks. just Chrome