Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts giddyupngo's Avatar

Angry CAC Print Driver for Konica Minolta 361?

Hi,
    We are renting some Konica Minolta 361 machines to a Military base. These specific machines have a card reader and special Department of Defense firmware loaded. These machines will not print from a regular 361 driver when the CAC firmware is loaded. However, when I look on Konica Minolta under AU-211 (where all the CAC drivers should be) I cannot find a single driver for the 361 machines. Does anyone know where the CAC driver is for this model? Or alternatively, do you know of a universal or maybe an HP driver that would work? Thanks in advance!

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Re: CAC Print Driver for Konica Minolta 361?

I don't know about KM CAC, but Ricoh has it, too.

A Universal driver is always a good bet. Assuming KM is the same, once the user sends the job, they can release it at any machine running CAC on the network, so they aren't locked into any specific model.

We always use the latest Ricoh Universal PCL6 driver, and it works really well (provided the driver is supported by each model, of course).
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post

A Universal driver is always a good bet. Assuming KM is the same, once the user sends the job, they can release it at any machine running CAC on the network, so they aren't locked into any specific model.

We always use the latest Ricoh Universal PCL6 driver, and it works really well (provided the driver is supported by each model, of course).
    Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    CAC Print Driver for Konica Minolta 361?

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post

I try to avoid the Universal driver unless there is no model specific driver. The purpose of the universal driver is to allow pooling of different model MFP and printers as printer pooling requires that each printer uses exactly the same driver.

As for printing on a military network, no special driver is required. The network will not allow a print job from any computer that is not logged in to the network using your CAC card. You do however have to change an SP setting. For a Ricoh it is system SP 5420041 User Authentication - Printer.

There is information in Konica Minolta bulletin 10908, just released.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk