Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Methedor's Avatar

@EJL Pages from Network

Have a client that is demo-ing a Ricoh MP 3352, however it spontaneously (not constantly) prints @EJL 1284.4
    @EJL
    @EJL
    One of the people has an ESPON printer. I have done some research at the following and a similar one form other sources

https://www.experts-exchange.com/que...JL-1284-4.html

It was stated that a GPD file would have a line of code that would tell the printer to print extra lines on the page:
    "STEP 1:
    Print the windows test page.

STEP 2:
    There should be written the location and name of the file (Data file), so print the test page and look up the file path. It is located in the sam folder as dll (config file). In my case it is in "C:\Windows\system32\spool\DRIVERS\x64\3\".

(Sience I coulden't find x64 driver for LQ-570+ ESC/P2 I used LQ-590+ ESC/P2 Ver 2.0 driver. It's working ... )

STEP 3:
    Now, when you found .GPD file, (make backup copy just in case) you have to add your computer account to list of accounts that has full controll of file or you won't be able to save changes.

STEP 4:
    Delete only @EJLl 1284.4 and @EJL in line that looks like that:
    *Cmd: "<0000001B01>@EJL 1284.4<0A>@EJL <0A1B>@<0D1B>t<011B>6<1B>R<001B>P<1B>(U<01000A>"

(If you delete anything else at that line it won't work ...)

STEP 5:
    Save file "

I didn't find this line or similar after looking at all the GPD type files in the Windows/System32/Spooler area. Other methods that I attempted:
    1) I disabled the the WSD on the Ricoh thinking that the ESPON WSD port was interacting across the network.
    2) changed the WSD port on the ESPON to the IP Address
    3) Changed the IP Address of the Copier (didn't spontaneously print narrowing down the issue tot he Network)
    4) Checked the Firmware on the Copier, It is up to date

Purely switching to the MP 3352 to print isn't feasible for the client as the Secretary would need to walk to an adjacent building; the ESPON is on her desk. The MP 3352 is to be used for larger print jobs and enhanced scanning abilities.

Thank You for Reading and Responding.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    @EJL Pages from Network

Re: @EJL Pages from Network

Someone is trying to print using a print driver that the printer does not recognize the command precursors. It therefore prints the driver commands as text. My guess is that the secretary with the Epson has just installed a copy of the Epson drive and set the port as the address of the MP 3352. They need to install and use the MP 3352 driver when using the MP 3352. Do not use WSD. Do not use Ricoh Class Driver.

I would tend to agree. The IP of the Espon is .120 while the Ricoh is .119 however unless there is a "range" of which im unaware or there is another printer that is using that address.

Thanks for the response

Are there any other rhoughts or possibilities that folks can think of?
    I'd like to have an extra fallback that i haven't already used.

Thanks again