Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Scan to FTP using IIS

Hey folks. I have a customer that is having issues scanning to FTP from a C2051 to windows server 2012R2

So they asked if we would be willing to help them set up a local server for them to scan to. I'm assuming they will want to use IIS, windows built in FTP scanning system.

I've been trying it out at our shop with my computer running windows 10 pro and our C4000 and I've been having the issue of not being able to scan using any account other than the one I use to log into the computer with. I created an additional account to use for testing and it gets authentication errors from the machine.

Re: Scan to FTP using IIS

try filezilla for ftp scanning, works on all windows.
    .....with all it shams, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.....

Quote Originally Posted by gear13z View Post
    try filezilla for ftp scanning, works on all windows.
    I would, but this is not the kind of client that will allow me to do that. At least I don't expect them to. We sent them a quote on what we would charge to try and do this, if they respond back I'll find what they want to use.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Scan to FTP using IIS

First thing to come up when I did a Yahoo search for setting up FTP server on Server 2012R: Configure FTP Server in Windows Server 2012

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    First thing to come up when I did a Yahoo search for setting up FTP server on Server 2012R: Configure FTP Server in Windows Server 2012
    I have no idea of how they configured their server 2012 setup or access to it. My guess though is that they are trying to force TLS encryption which I doubt the C2051 can do.

My current issue is getting users account other than my own to connect to IIS.