Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    add paper tray1 print issue

I have TWO MX-3640n that will display a load paper tray1 message and when I go to copier both 8-1/2X11 trays show empty even though paper is present in the trays. All that is required to get it to print is to open and close the paper tray it says that is empty.
    I have changed all feed unit sensors to new style sensors and I even swapped paper to another tray to see if it follows and it did say load paper tray2.
    I have contacted Sharp tech support and I followed there guidance including the wire shark drop from print jobs and they had me turn off several ports not being used but the problem is still happening.
    Also this issue will happen not on demand but all the time with word, excel, email, and internet print jobs, from macs and windows base computers it is non specific.
    I believe there is some kind of firmware or driver fix for this issue because it is specific to this exact frame and model type.
    Any help would be appreciated and welcome no matter what it is .
    THANKS!!!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: add paper tray1 print issue

If you have gone this route, then disregard, if not here's what you're going to want to try. Go into simulation 30-2, pull the tray completely out and there's a sensor tab hanging down in the middle towards where the paper exits the tray (just a loose black piece of plastic pointing down), on the mx-4100 (only unit I have next to me right now that works) it's the CPED1 sensor. Might have a different designation on that unit. If that sensor doesn't go on and off when you fiddle with it (which you will see on that simulation), that's the problem. Last time I ran into that sort of thing on a full sized unit it was that sensor. On a smaller model it was simply too much paper.