Technician

Can't scan to email using a Konica Minolta using gmail business

The question is pretty much explained in the title and I'm sure you have seen this question before and I've read a countless number of posts about this issue but still I can't get this to work. I'm pretty sure it's an authentication issue. I've turned on the error code display but am only getting error code 107 which isn't very helpful. If anyone can give me some suggestions to try or help of any kind it will be greatly appreciated.

My settings are as follows:

Network--->Email Setting--->Email TX (SMTP)

Scan to email ---> ON

SMTP Server Address ----> using IP instead of hostname

Use SSL/TLS ----> SMTP over SSL port 465

Connection Timeout ----> 120

Admin email address printer@domain.com
    Device Email address printer@domain.com

SMTP Authentication---> LOGIN

User ID ----->
    printer@domain.com

Domain name ----> blank

Machine Setting

administrator email address ---> printer@domain.com

machine address ----> printer@domain.com

Security ----> PKI Settings ----> SSL settings

Mode using SSL/TLS --- > Admin mode usermode

Encryption Strength --- > AES256,3DES-168,RC4-128

SSL/TLS Version Setting
    SSLv3
    TLSv1.0
    TLSv1.1
    TLSv1.2

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Re: Can't scan to email using a Konica Minolta using gmail business

SMTP error 107 is an SSL protocol error. What happens if you change the SSL/TLS settings to only use TLS? You may also want to use Port 587, which is for TLS. Also check firmware to make sure that you're not missing out on newer settings, and take a look at this from Google: Send email from a printer, scanner, or app - G Suite Administrator Help

For a major SMTP server, you always want to use the hostname since there are likely multiple IP's available for the same name so that you don't run into an overloaded server. To do that, just make sure you have a valid DNS server set, either an internal one that resolves to an external server, or just one like Google's public DNS server or 8.8.8.8

Use the Gmail SMTP Server
    If you connect using SSL or TLS, you can send mail to anyone with smtp.gmail.com.

Note: Before you start the configuration, make sure that Less secure apps is enabled for the desired account.

Connect to smtp.gmail.com on port 465, if you’re using SSL. (Connect on port 587 if you’re using TLS.)
    Sign in with a Google username and password for authentication to connect with SSL or TLS.

Technician

I actually figured this out a few weeks ago, thanks for the reply though. As far as I know the model of printer that I have needs some weird tweaks and firmware upgrades to get this functionality to work with gmail so ended up using mandrillapp instead and it works fine.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Error code 197 is a failure to connect. See Konica/Minolta error code trouble shooting Troubleshooting

See the following Google support document for proper setup of scan to gmail. Send email from a printer, scanner, or app - G Suite Administrator Help

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

Device Email address printer@domain.com.... this could be where you're getting a problem for gmail you leave the device email address empty, instead you put the email address where the device name is, been caught a few times until i learned
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Technician

Hello quick question what model because the non e models there is special firmware for gmail to work

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kingarthur View Post
    Device Email address printer@domain.com.... this could be where you're getting a problem for gmail you leave the device email address empty, instead you put the email address where the device name is, been caught a few times until i learned
    He is indicating that an email address for the printer has been setup on the customer's google apps domain. printer@domain.com is a generic expression to use when you do not want to publish a customer's actual information in a public forum.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    He is indicating that an email address for the printer has been setup on the customer's google apps domain. printer@domain.com is a generic expression to use when you do not want to publish a customer's actual information in a public forum.
    I'm not saying the email address is wrong...I'm saying that when setting up gmail, the email address isn't input in the usual/expected place, but you put the email address where the device name is....and leave the machine email address box empty
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...